Rhd Manta 400 Road Car

ConorB

Hi all, I'm new to the forum.

I am the owner of a RHD silver Manta 400 road car and would like to see if any of the members here could give me some more info on its history.

I did receive a history file including magazine features etc when I bought it, but would interested to see what else is known about the car.

Thanks in advance!

You need to upload via photobucket or similar image hosting site. You can't upload directly!

You need to get pics up quick as it's not proper form to declare you own a 400 and leave us all hanging!!

Don't suppose you want to sell it do you..........lol

But if you do call me......

Edited by upk

You need to upload via photobucket or similar image hosting site. You can't upload directly!

You need to get pics up quick as it's not proper form to declare you own a 400 and leave us all hanging!!

Have you won the lottery lol?

Don't have photobucket. I've waited years to own one of these so she's not for sale! Photo should be up shortly.

This must have previously been owned by Marty Drennen ( appologys if i have spelt the name wrong ) because i believe there was only one origianal RHD 400 in Astro Silver ( my favourite colour for a 400 )

This Manta attended Billing a few years ago and i remember the restoration had been done to a very high standard, not a ripple in the panels anywhere.

This must have previously been owned by Marty Drennen ( appologys if i have spelt the name wrong ) because i believe there was only one origianal RHD 400 in Astro Silver ( my favourite colour for a 400 )

This Manta attended Billing a few years ago and i remember the restoration had been done to a very high standard, not a ripple in the panels anywhere.

Yes that's the same car, though I didn't buy it from Marty. The car was laid up just a few miles from where I live. This picture was taken just as it was removed from the garage where it was being stored. It's certainly a lot cleaner looking now as we spent days cleaning it!

Don't have photobucket. I've waited years to own one of these so she's not for sale! Photo should be up shortly.

Photobucket is a free web based hosting site, just google it and you will soon find it.

Green with envy but it's good to know she's in the hands of a proud owner.

• Like 1

Jack only right hand drive road car is DPP117Y (white car) this silver car was brought into ireland as LHD and had a RHD bulkhead fitted.I went to look at it approx 1997ish reg no was DB 400 then.It needed a full resto back then but guy wanted to much money for it.the car was laid up for a few more years before marty bought it who did a stunning detailed restoration on it.

Edited by dazi240
  • Like 1

Photobucket is a free web based hosting site, just google it and you will soon find it.

Green with envy but it's good to know she's in the hands of a proud owner.

Cheers I'll look it up. Yes the car is in safe hands and will get all the attention it deserves!

Jack only right hand drive road car is DPP117Y (white car) this silver car was brought into ireland as LHD and had a RHD bulkhead fitted.I went to look at it approx 1997ish reg no was DB 400 then.It needed a full resto back then but guy wanted to much money for it.the car was laid up for a few more years before marty bought it who did a stunning detailed restoration on it.

Thanks for this information.

Hello Conor,

congratulations with your "400"!

I'm happy the car is in good hands. I'm not in a position to be jealous there I own also an original Manta-400.

My car is still in as good as new condition, never been restorated.

IMG_4097_zpsb8a16e63.jpg

You can see it is the street version without the big arches, can't get it over my hart to cut in original arches...

Grtz!!

Herman.

Edited by H-400
  • Like 4

Hello Connor,congratulations with your "400"!I'm happy the car is in good hands. I'm not in a position to be jealous there I own also an original Manta-400.My car is still in as good as new condition, never been restorated.IMG_4097_zpsb8a16e63.jpgYou can see it is the street version without the big arches, can't get it over my hart to cut in original arches...Grtz!!Herman.

Hi Herman,

Thanks for the comments! Have to say your car looks a beautiful example!

We are so lucky to be the custodians of these rare machines.

Conor

Hi Conor, we indeed have to make sure those cars keep in a good condition.

I don't spare the car, been in several countries in Europe, from Denmark till Ostenreich...

Fotos-0049_1_zpsccde1e76.jpg

This is a picture on the "Ring", in good company...

But when I arrive back home the car gets lifted up and cleaned, even the springs become again as clean as new.

Grts, Herman.

• Like 2

Hi Conor, we indeed have to make sure those cars keep in a good condition.I don't spare the car, been in several countries in Europe, from Denmark till Ostenreich...Fotos-0049_1_zpsccde1e76.jpgThis is a picture on the "Ring", in good company...But when I arrive back home the car gets lifted up and cleaned, even the springs become again as clean as new.Grts, Herman.

Good picture Herman! Thanks for sharing.

Would like to visit the ring sometime soon.

Regards

Conor