Mega Manta's Back

It hasn't even moved around the country, it's been in Kent the whole time. Either Nutty Nik's changed his ebay user name or a mate's listing it on his behalf I'd say. The barn find thing does annoy me though, you can't really claim to have found it in a barn if you put it there in the first place.

• Like 3

This Manta is 'of it's time'

It's looks are deffinately not to many peoples taste but it was created for a purpose with the parts that were about when it was made.

This Manta was made to drag race, hence the front suspension set up, it needed huge rubber at the rear to cope with the tuned V8 which meant wide arches were fitted, the body kit used was 'off the shelf' ( or very similar to off the shelf kits ) and found it's way onto several other Manta's in the 80's & 90's, cool back then ! witness the Belgium Pair that have been to Billing.

The colour is typical of the flamboyant drag race / hot rod scene, where wild shades and metallics are almost a requirement.

It says in the ad, chevy 5.7, 327, I have had quite a few yanks, 5.7 is 350 ci, 327 would be 5.3,

Having had quite a few, the engines do sound great, but unless its a 4 bolt main that can take the higher revs, it wont be that powerful, you would be surprised what a good 3.5 rover will chuck out in comparison on power to weight

It says in the ad, chevy 5.7, 327, I have had quite a few yanks, 5.7 is 350 ci, 327 would be 5.3,

Having had quite a few, the engines do sound great, but unless its a 4 bolt main that can take the higher revs, it wont be that powerful, you would be surprised what a good 3.5 rover will chuck out in comparison on power to weight

now I thought the 3.5 rover wasn't a good engine to use as it only has 160BHP standard and you cant to a lot to tune them?

Depending on which engine it is in the car, the 350 starts at 145bhp to 370bhp without mods and depending on year, given the age of the conversion its going to probably be an older one with mods, if its a 327 its a bit better, 235 to 375bhp, but I think all these figures are taken from the crank not the wheels,

No disrespect but I believe it was quite over priced and the problem also is it is very limited to the type of person who would buy it. As I would also have the same problem with my A series if I thought of selling later down the line which I very much doubt :D.

• Like 1

Still 10k too much. And thats as long as its really proper solid no rust (which I doubt). 

Tony

The bad black paint job on the roof which finishes really badly at the bottom of the c pillars isnt a good sign. I'd hazard a guess that it needs a roof and has probably been leaking at the base of the rear screen :(