Hello From Austria

daniel1900

My name is Daniel, i'm 27 years old and I live in the South of Austria, in a town called Graz. I have wanted a Opel Manta B since I saw the movie "Manta, Manta" for the first time when I was a kid. If you don't know the movie here is the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG1EAwxZEtk

I have a '69 Opel Rekord C too that I'm restoring since 2008 <_< but last year in august I finally bought a '76 Manta 19S which looked good at first sight but was very rusty underneath the shiney paint:

as bought:

img_20130613_183405n2kcv.jpg

before i sold it:

img_20131005_183316kxsc9.jpg

my plan was to have a "rolling restauration (although the swan neck were already in a horrible state and the work done by the previous owner was only to pass MOT), but by chance I found another Manta 3 months later in much better condition. So I sold the yellow one and bought the turquoise one.  A '79 Model, originally equipped with a 20S engine, but unfortunately that was changed to a 19S engine:

img_1574z7slc.jpg

img_15811jswp.jpg

first I changed the wheels and bumpers

img_1696epfof.jpg

then lowered it with 40mm springs, changed wheels again and headlights (I like the square ones better on a early manta but the reflectors were pretty bad and the light from the dual lights is very good) :

img_2923pjxnk.jpg

img_3023e7bnb.jpg

img_2763-001lqeiw.jpg

img_26798uicm.jpg

Love this car!  :wub:

Plans for it:

Install a 2.2 CIH engine on twin 45 Webers with tuned cylinderhead and 296° camshaft+ 240 Getrag 5spd + exhaust over Winter

Attack rust - it's not much but of course it's there

New paint, one day, when i have the money...

Best regards,

Daniel

Edited by daniel1900
  • Like 7

Hello Daniel, welcome to our website.

The Turquoise Manta has one interesting feature, the rear spoiler, this is normally found on post facelift GTE models but your Manta being a very late pre-facelift ( black plastic bumpers ) this spoiler could be original,perhaps only to certain export markets, which if so is very interesting, never seen this combination before.

• 2 months later...

Hi Daniel, Wow what a great find on both cars, love the colour of your current car and sitting very nice B)

Looking forward to your project thread, as it sounds like you have it all planned out. :thumbup

Any pictures of your '69 Opel Rekord C' :) please.