Opel Manta Wanted Budget Of 4K

Jack

The time has finally arrived! I have a budget of 4k now and by the end of next week it will be 5.5k. Any Manta considered as I love them all and I have been tempted to go and view the White Hatch on Ebay at the weekend and it is the nearest one to me. I would love a hatch because I remember my dads Exclusive hatch when he had his and I want to re live those memories again except this time in the drivers seat! In terms of project Mantas I don't have anywhere to store one so I can't take on any kind of restorations but will be able to in the future. Also the Coupe Mantas are alot more expensive now so I won't be able to afford one for several months but like I said I love all Mantas and I will consider any. But if you have my perfect Manta GT/E Hatch waiting for me then give me a shout!

Cheers,

Jack.

Seems like a decent budget that, don't rush into anything you've waited this long it's going to be worth your while waiting a bit longer for the right car. 

Good luck.

Edited by Mantney

Hey Jack

Should be able to get a good car for that money but as already mentioned buy with your head and don't be afraid to walk away. If your worried about about looking at a car then i'm sure there is someone local to you that would be happy to cast an eye over one for your.

Good luck looking

Andy

Hi Jack

I'm sure you'll be able to get a real stonker for 5.5k!

Kev gives good advice - don't rush and buy the first one you see unless its a one-owner, full main dealer service history, low mileage, original paint, always garaged, rot-free, time-warp car!

Try and get it up on a ramp and have a good look at the underside. When I was looking for one I contacted the sellers and asked if they minded if we took the car to a local garage with a ramp so I could get a good look at the floor pans and chassis rails. I then rang around garages local to the seller and asked if they would let me view the car on their ramp and offered them a tenner. They almost always were only too happy to let me have 10 mins of ramp time and it might be the best tenner you ever spend if it helps you find a great car or helps you avoid a real lemon!

In my opinion standard cars are best as they are easier to work on and arguably will be more valuable in future but that's not to say that I think modified cars aren't cool.

Oh and even though your dad had a hatch, go for a coupe is what I say!

Edited by druid
  • Like 2

Jack this must be great timing. Put your money where your mouth is as this has your name on it http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=251657250702

Can't believe this is on Ebay again! I remember when this one was on Ebay originally but 5k is money I can just about to afford but won't have any money at all for insurance lol. What is slightly worrying is, is this i200 going to need alot of work before I can drive it? Other than that I really want to bid for it!

Hi Jack

I'm sure you'll be able to get a real stonker for 5.5k!

Kev gives good advice - don't rush and buy the first one you see unless its a one-owner, full main dealer service history, low mileage, original paint, always garaged, rot-free, time-warp car!

Try and get it up on a ramp and have a good look at the underside. When I was looking for one I contacted the sellers and asked if they minded if we took the car to a local garage with a ramp so I could get a good look at the floor pans and chassis rails. I then rang around garages local to the seller and asked if they would let me view the car on their ramp and offered them a tenner. They almost always were only too happy to let me have 10 mins of ramp time and it might be the best tenner you ever spend if it helps you find a great car or helps you avoid a real lemon!

In my opinion standard cars are best as they are easier to work on and arguably will be more valuable in future but that's not to say that I think modified cars aren't cool.

Oh and even though your dad had a hatch, go for a coupe is what I say!

Thanks for the tip on the garage :D The things about my dad owning a Hatch was all down to me in the first place lol but he isn't even interested in Mantas he just bought one because I really wanted one. The Hatch and Coupe thing are down to opinion I mean there are club members who prefer the one above all the others but i'm genuinely like that although I think it is really cool and interesting to hear the opinion of others and why that particular Manta is their favourite. :) About modified Mantas, they are perfect to begin with so changine anything isn't on my Manta ownership to-do list!

Can't believe this is on Ebay again! I remember when this one was on Ebay originally but 5k is money I can just about to afford but won't have any money at all for insurance lol. What is slightly worrying is, is this i200 going to need alot of work before I can drive it? Other than that I really want to bid for it!

Sure it says on the listing it's ready to go

• Like 1

investment bro 5k is wat he wants 4 it,e-mailed him earlier on

all mantas need work jack,im tempted myself tbh,wullie turn the clock back m8 il take yr i200 lol

You are in a better position than me if you wanted to go for it because it would have to wait another month if I was going to get it because of the insurance. If you do buy it please take me out in it one day. :) :)

The time has finally arrived! I have a budget of 4k now and by the end of next week it will be 5.5k. Any Manta considered as I love them all and I have been tempted to go and view the White Hatch on Ebay at the weekend and it is the nearest one to me. I would love a hatch because I remember my dads Exclusive hatch when he had his and I want to re live those memories again except this time in the drivers seat! In terms of project Mantas I don't have anywhere to store one so I can't take on any kind of restorations but will be able to in the future. Also the Coupe Mantas are alot more expensive now so I won't be able to afford one for several months but like I said I love all Mantas and I will consider any. But if you have my perfect Manta GT/E Hatch waiting for me then give me a shout!

Cheers,

Jack.

Hi jack,

its good to hear your in a position to buy a manta now,that white hatch now that he has put better pics on looks well nice ,recent restoration,mint looking interior.

You may even be able to get it for the original price of £3.5k if you wave the wad of cash in the sellers face,its been for sale for sale for a while so you never know.

I have seen the project page and I only recognized his username because I have got a big history file with my Manta and he has put printouts of the club forums into the file when he was asking for parts for it. I really want to get some pictures up but it is getting really dark qiuickly and daylight won't give me a chance lol

• 2 months later...