Manta Exclusive 16V Modified, Needs Some Engine Work.

d818anr

Right the time has come for me to sell my modified Exclusive. Its been too long sat covered up awaiting the engine to be sorted out and I just don't have the time or to be honest, the passion, to get it done.There is a few pics attached of how she looks but I have loads more and will supply pics on request. This car won best modified Exclusive at Billing in 2005.

The car is a D plate exclusive GTE that has been stripped of its bodykit, with a chopped and smoothed air dam now instead of the front bumper to give it a sort of B series look. There will be a load of spec below and I will answer all questions on request.

The car is set up to be running a 16v C20 XE on QED direct to head throttle bodies and DTAfast engine management. The car was still running, all be it a bit smoky due to shot piston rings up until the end of last year when I stripped all the ancilliaries and pipework ready to remove the engine, but alas that's as far as I got. It needs taking out, new rings fitting and then a minor rebuild and tune up on a rolling road. The engine is lightly modified with Shrick cams etc. and only did about 1000 miles after we rebuilt it before, unfortunately we didn't replace the rings and they have let us down.
The car has the usual 1800 box conversion, plus an LSD rear axle which is a big bonus. Its running PMC suspension and various Poly bushes have been fitted as well.
The wheels are 16" Team Dynamics running Yokohama tyres which are in great condition. The front brakes are Wilwood Superlights on 285mm vented discs. The discs need cleaning up from where it has been standing but like everything else have only done around 1000 miles if that. It also has an adjustable brake front/ rear bias valve under the bonnet.

The bodywork has had loads done, with numerous new panels and modifications, the big job of course being the solid roof conversion which was done with a genuine new GM panel when the care was bare shelled backed in the early 2000's. For most of its life since the rebuild it was garaged, but has been under canvas for the last year due to no garage space. It is still in very good condition but does have some blemishing on the drivers wing top edge and in a couple of other places but they are minimal and wouldn't need immediate attention. Underneath is very clean as well, with it being fully repaired, rust treated and undersealed when rebuilt and minimal mileage since.

Seriously this car has had a ton of work and I am extremely torn to put it up for sale but its just gutting seeing it sitting there doing nothing so I'd rather give someone else the chance to enjoy it. If you are interested please do get in touch. I know its a non runner but due to the amount of parts that have been fitted to the car I am looking at offers in the region of £3995, although I will consider selling the car as a rolling project minus the engine, injection, gearbox and the ancilliaries (exhaust etc) if someone would prefer, although would rather sell as a complete car. You will need to trailer the car away. Please PM me for further information or to arrange a viewing etc. I will try and add some more pics etc. The car is located in Horsham, West Sussex (near Gatwick Airport).

There is a pic of her in her full glory below, but to see the more recent pics including some of the underneath, the floor and the stripped engine bay etc. please use this link:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mantastra/sets/72157646461199030/

30cda623.jpg