Upgraded Manta B Interior Fans Pt2

mantasrme

I have another batch of my upgraded interior fans for manta B's as they were so popular last time

I've been making these upgraded interior fans for customers cars for a while now and have finally got around to making a few spares.
The standard manta fans are not really that good at shifting air even when working right. When they're not working right (which is quite often) its either from a seized bearing on the shaft or a worn bearing (they are brass/bronze bushes on a steel shaft) that then screams like a banshee.

So i use a more modern fan from a VW Polo along with the resistor from the same car.
This fan gives 4 speeds in the Polo but as the manta switch only gives 2 i connect speeds 2 and 4 to give a nice range. The full speed is much better than the original manta so actually demists the screen.

They fit in the same place as the original and retain the standard plug/wiring. No modifications are needed to the car
fan-upgrade.jpg
fan-upgrade%20(1).jpg
fan-upgrade%20(2).jpg

I'm offering these at £35 with the exchange of your old fan (seized or squealing is fine) or £50 outright with postage at £6 by courier

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I've still got the original Manta fan I took out when I swapped mine over for one of these earlier in the year  -  is it any use to you?

New fan is brilliant by the way :)

Cheers

Stuart

Edited by 74009

• 2 months later...

Currently out of stock of these and waiting on more polo fans before i can make any more up.

I've exhausted all my local sources and am having to look further afield.

Defo interested in this when you get some in.

Edited by robah

• 3 weeks later...

Currently out of stock of these and waiting on more polo fans before i can make any more up.

I've exhausted all my local sources and am having to look further afield.

We have a VW braker in Coventry, if your interested I can see if they can suply any polo fans for you.

I would also like one of your convertions when you have any spare.

• Like 1

I have 6 stripped manta fans on the bench and have 3 polo fans arriving today so will start working through the list of those who have asked for one.

Got another polo fan in the post on its way as well, but i think i have 8 requests for these at the moment all from the last month so will keep hunting for polo fans.

My problem with getting the polo fans is the price VW breakers think things are worth.

The cheapest is £10 for the fan, plus another £10 for the resistor plus postage and he doesn't have many in for long, i've asked him to tell me any time he gets a 6N polo in and i'll have the fan but he's a smaller yard

Most want 15 to 20 just for the fan.

I have a couple of friends looking in their local yards and will see if i can drum a few more up.

• Like 1