Introduction And Rfi -(Please Read)

MAC13

Hello there to all you manta owners and lovers,

Alan is my name, been a lover of mantas since as far back as i can remember, since i seen a particular one in at hotel in the hills of rural Ireland where I grew up, That car which my folks later acquired was a 79 berlinetta they took ownership in the mid 80s, to my delight. fast forward to mid 90s and as a mid teen i wished to restore it as it had been lying up for some years, it turned out not to be financially viable at the time, and the dream faded (what happened to the car you don't want to know) anyway fast forward another 20 years to today and i just purchased an 84 GTE as a treat to myself for passing my driving test. (I'm a biker at heart have four bikes and a full bike licence since i was 18 and living - working in the city, never needed a car)

Anyway the car I have just purchased has all original manuals, original bill of sale, original stereo, 1 owner from new, 99000 miles and is in pretty good shape.And from what i can piece together was owned by a guy in belfast who from what research I have done appears to have died in a motorbike crash (RIP) in the 90s and the car hasn't moved much since, its a bit seized up in places and some bodywork needs the usual youd expect - the challenge begins!.

SO I have been on here before reading, researching and learning, but from here on in I shall be asking, requesting and most likely purchasing.

1st questions.

As a resident in Ireland is there any benefit to full membership with the club, or would forum membership be sufficient ?

Is it possible to find quad lights? and how hard is it going to be?, from the bit of looking ive done not many about.

• Like 2

Hi, welcome to the club,full membership lets you access all areas including parts for sale.Giving you first chance to buy before non members . if you look on e bay at moment there is someone selling 2 sets of twin headlights and other spares. one is full set and other just surrounds.

cheers

Hi Mac13, welcome to 'our' world !

thats a lovely Manta you have there, and no sunroof ( lucky bast...! they rot like crazy around the sunroof and it's really hard to repair )

One thing, i don't think i'd be putting quads and Englemans on this Manta, it's in such perfectly original condition,  got the original radio and rear shelf speakers, the original cardboard radiator 'infill' is on the rear shelf, you've even got the original bill of sale. but then thats me and i can see the point of the mods (actually see behind you on the passenger side and see where your going at night ! )

You should start a thread in the projects section, be great to see this Manta being resurected to full health

Hello there to all you manta owners and lovers,

Alan is my name, been a lover of mantas since as far back as i can remember, since i seen a particular one in at hotel in the hills of rural Ireland where I grew up, That car which my folks later acquired was a 79 berlinetta they took ownership in the mid 80s, to my delight. fast forward to mid 90s and as a mid teen i wished to restore it as it had been lying up for some years, it turned out not to be financially viable at the time, and the dream faded (what happened to the car you don't want to know) anyway fast forward another 20 years to today and i just purchased an 84 GTE as a treat to myself for passing my driving test. (I'm a biker at heart have four bikes and a full bike licence since i was 18 and living - working in the city, never needed a car)

Anyway the car I have just purchased has all original manuals, original bill of sale, original stereo, 1 owner from new, 99000 miles and is in pretty good shape.And from what i can piece together was owned by a guy in belfast who from what research I have done appears to have died in a motorbike crash (RIP) in the 90s and the car hasn't moved much since, its a bit seized up in places and some bodywork needs the usual youd expect - the challenge begins!.

SO I have been on here before reading, researching and learning, but from here on in I shall be asking, requesting and most likely purchasing.

1st questions.

As a resident in Ireland is there any benefit to full membership with the club, or would forum membership be sufficient ?

Is it possible to find quad lights? and how hard is it going to be?, from the bit of looking ive done not many about.

Hello Alan, welcome to the Manta Club. :D

I have been a lover of Mantas for ever and I have many memories of them from when I was a youngster, going away for a day in one for example at a small age. Your Manta looks very very good, I have looked at all the pictures of your Manta on Photobucket and it looks glorious. I am actually helping out on a project GT/E at the moment and it looks like yours only in White. I have followed you on Photobucket as well, my name on there is JacksTurner. :) Take care of your lovely Manta and its really good that it is being saved.

Regards,

Jack.

• 5 months later...

I only met the lad for the first time just about two weeks ago, he came up to buy some parts of me. I then met him again on saturday gone past, again to give him some more bits. He had great plans for the car but wanted to keep it pretty much standard so he got a set of twin dcoes webers and a manifold as well as few other bits. He was going to bring it with him on saturday, but had earlier changed the voltage thing behind the dash and none of his gauges worked, nor his speedo so he decided against it. We had a laugh about that and he was planing on taking the clocks out. Although I only met him briefly, he was a genuinely nice lad and sadly told me he bought the manta to as he wanted to get away from bikes, which were his first love, as he had two young kids now. We had planned to meet up again, and had arranged to keep each other informed of any meets we were going to.

Think I heard about this tragic accident on local radio. Always sad to hear, especially as I am a biker myself. Its a very dangerous time of year, especially as other road users dont expect to see a bike. And it takes a few weeks when bikes do reappear in more numbers for car drivers to wake up. Please start looking out for use again, its approaching springtime, we might be bikers, but were human too....

Please watch out for us, it only takes a sec, but it could last a lifetime and save a life.

Sad, news,... condolences to Alans bereaved Family.

• Like 1