Cih Weber Adapter Kits?

Rob36

Hi guys.

I have a brand new 32/36 weber DGV carb here, and Im planning to put it on the mk1 cavvy. Try as I might, I cant find anywhere on line selling a adapter plate   for the conversion. Can anyone point me in the right direction? ta!

Really?? Well Binnacle - It'd be lovely if your right! The weber I have is up where I keep my banger racing car, so I havent got it to hand, but I think a trip over there may be needed to check!

Stevo has (he is on the forum). From what I've heard it's quite tricky to get the mixture/jets right on a standard engine, it is possible, but is also apparently a good way of spending petrol. I seem to remember Stevo wanting to drop to a 36DCD before going to sidies as the 38 just wasn't worth it.

Edited by Binnacle-ZA

It's not worth putting on a std engine,a tuned one though would be a different matter. Guy I know did it years ago and he said it went really well. Had head ported, cam and a decent exhaust. It was set up properly on a rolling road. Guy who did it was a pretto good stock car racer so knew what he was doing. It will be a little thirsty tho!!!!