Sold

Mantney

I've been umming and ahhing about doing  this for a while but I have decided to sell my A and get something more robust.

1.9 manual, weber carb. Its L reg, 1972 built so tax exempt but currently on sorn. No MOT and will need a few odd jobs to sort out before it can have one. Namely a new horn, and steering gaiters. The discs look quite corroded too so may need these. (I truly don't know if anything else may be needed)

It starts and drives but runs a bit lumpy so may benefit from tuning and timing. 

The cars done 105k miles but the last owner replaced the engine at what mileage i don't know. leaks a little oil.

Body wise its not too bad exept for the front wings and valance which are intact but are corroding. 

Some bubbling here and there. Paint is fading.

A couple of points to mention are it not long had some welding done on floor so should be solid underneath.

I just replaced the front and rear screen rubbers and chrome strips.

All in all it's not a bad project and someone who knows what they're doing would have it on the road in no time.

Will add some pictures tomorrow if its a nice day.

£2395 cash on collection from Pembrokeshire 

Edited by Mantney

Are you going to stay in the Manta Club or are you going to leave after you have sold it?

Probably just until my membership expires in April (i think). I will be listing a load of spares soon, once i've had a chance to catalogue it all.

Yes sure am but don't have the spare money mate sorry.

Yes sure am but don't have the spare money mate sorry.

no worries mate. I've had a bit of interest from outside the club so hopefully it will be off to a new home soon. 

Hi mate, hopefully it goes to a good home that looks after her, think you will get a Manta again?

sorry just realised i hadn't  answered your  question. probalbly not. certainly not in the

near future anyway .

Edited by Mantney

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have you had any luck with your Manta Mantney?

No it's still here. It's on ebay as a classified at the moment. Had loads of interest but only one bloke from Bath has been to see it and he ended up buying one down the road from him instead. Had a lot of messers too.

No it's still here. It's on ebay as a classified at the moment. Had loads of interest but only one bloke from Bath has been to see it and he ended up buying one down the road from him instead. Had a lot of messers too.

I gave your details to my boss, he was very interested and said he would call you. He's an extremely busy man though, and flies all over the world. So I imagine he will call when he gets a chance.

I gave your details to my boss, he was very interested and said he would call you. He's an extremely busy man though, and flies all over the world. So I imagine he will call when he gets a chance.

That's alright Dave, I spoke to him just after I'd accepted an offer from an ebay contact who mucked me about all weekend so I told him to forget it. I'll let your boss know it's still here when he's back from holiday. I wasn't implying he's messed me about and thanks for passing the info on.

I'm not desperate to sell but I would like to spend some dosh on the new wheels

IMG_00000722.jpg

I'd personally change your add on ebay to an auction starting low with a reserve.

I've always found people more willing to bid an item up than just hit a buy it now.

I'd personally change your add on ebay to an auction starting low with a reserve.

I've always found people more willing to bid an item up than just hit a buy it now.

I think you're right, I'll give it to this week and then may well do that. Probably include all the remaining spares with it and see what happens.

Have you had any luck with your Manta Mantney?

Well here's a turn up. Had a phone call from a chap this afternoon who has paid a deposit for the A. So all being well it will soon be going to a new home. Surprisingly the buyer is the editor of Retro Cars and intends to write about it in the magazine as its worked on.

Still have some spare to shift so won't be leaving just yet. 

• Like 2