Adjustable Panhard Rod Needed

Norph

Hi all, I'm in need of a Panhard Rod for my Cav as I've lowered in by 50mm. Does anyone one here have one they no longer need?!? (unlikely I know...) I've come across "HMTurbo" who's said that they could manufacture them again (and the reports I've read sound very positive on the quality) if there is a group of us requiring them. So it's one or the other really. Can anyone help or is there anyone out there who would want to club together to buy one from a batch? Thanks, Andrew

Edited by Norph

Not sure what you have been quoted to make one or what price they are on ebay? but these guys do some good stuff.

Only drawback is they only take bank transfer.

http://www.krause-rennsporttechnik.de/shop/Fahrwerk/Hinterachse/Panhardstab-Unibal-Kadett-C?source=2&refertype=1&referid=107

got some stuff from them, very good service and helpful on the email.

Andy

Hi all, I'm in need of a Panhard Rod for my Cav as I've lowered in by 50mm. Does anyone one here have one they no longer need?!? (unlikely I know...) I've come across "HMTurbo" who's said that they could manufacture them again (and the reports I've read sound very positive on the quality) if there is a group of us requiring them. So it's one or the other really. Can anyone help or is there anyone out there who would want to club together to buy one from a batch? Thanks, Andrew

Have a look in Parts For Sale section.

I jumped the gun there!! I see that you already have.

Edited by Julian

Thankfully my wife speaks German, so I'm going to chase up the ebay and Krause leads!

@Andy, their price looks to be a little over the other prices I've seen so far, but as I'm desperate to get her back on the road this summer (car, not wife) I'm a hostage to fortune...

Thanks for the suggestions so far guys; I'll keep you posted on what comes of it.

There are a few other places in germany that might do them. I have a few links on my blog www.theopelproject.com

I found that although Krause were a little more expensive they were very good on delivery times.

You could try dropping an email to thomas @ http://www.edelschmiede.com/ as he has done a lot of work on his Ascona and might know a good place to get one?

He is super helpful.

Been trying to get mine back on the road for the last few summers!! and if it wasnt for the Mrs wanting me to do DIY it would have been running a long time ago :-) Good luck with yours.

Andy

Hi all,

Thanks for the advice so far, it's all really helpful!

I'm still on the lookout but I've got a few options now!

@gtepete: i want to keep a panhard rod in case I want to return her to std (not likely, but...)

I'll let you all know how I get on.

Thanks,

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mate

I have one that I bought off a member here a couple of years back. Never fitted it. You need to take off the steel sleeve from the axle mounting bolt where the original rod fits and then the adj pan rod fits over this.

Pm me an email address and I will email you photos. I'm in Ireland.

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine has modified  panhard rods to make them adjustable. He has a place in the Selby area but he only works nights.He supplied one recently and I know it was a lot cheaper than the German ones. If your interested I will ask the question about exchange, cost etc and put you in touch with him. He has been involved with rallying Asconas and Mantas for 25 years but he doesn't advertise.