Mk1 Cav 2Door

shooie811

New project didnt actually mean to buy this but ive got it now lol still dont know what im doing with it yet null_zpsbeb9dbc1.jpgnull_zps613019ac.jpgnull_zpse3427ff8.jpgnull_zps9ee9be23.jpgnull_zps4106063c.jpgnull_zpsd711b652.jpgnull_zps4cdd59fe.jpgnull_zps383f3847.jpgnull_zps4cab72ba.jpg

Tried to start it but no chancenull_zps6d2cb075.jpg this is the only bit of welding needing done the car is proper solid the underneath ,inner wings the doors inside the boot are like new will get better pics when iv got it on the jig the front panel wings bonnet and boot are definitely needing replaced

Took the springs out and tryed my wheels for the four door on it to see what they looked liked null_zps63ca602c.jpgnull_zpsc3e9b23c.jpgnull_zpsed6062e6.jpgnull_zps26b737db.jpgnull_zpsf3b50893.jpg what do you think? the four door will sit lower so shoud sit perfect once I've modded the arches a bit

• Like 1

Hi mate I think I have all of the bits to make it an Ascona if your thinking of going down that route. I know I have o/s/f wing bonnet front panel grille headlights I may have a pair of wings. But loving the rat look ;)

I'd love to see this back on the road looking just as it is now, but with the back end straightened out of course! I loved the HA Viva at Billing last year, still covered in moss and cobwebs from the 30-odd years it spent in storage but with an MOT and being driven.

Tomy%20Mercer%20Viva%20copy.jpg

Leave it as a Cav, 2 door MK 1's are so rare now

Being so rare be great to restore it to original but if the structure isn't changed then a hot engine etc in either a restored or rat look would be good, could be returned to standard in the future if thats whats desired.

• Like 1

Thats four 2 door Mk1 Cavaliers that have came up recently for sale - i bought 2, another friend got one in the Cambridge area and yours..

Thats interesting, think i know about the Cambridgeshire one, add two in Ireland IIRC,one restored in the UK, the last 1256cc i own and still makes less ten left !!! unless of course you know different...

Im starting to like the idea of dropping a v8 in it and keeping it ratted for a while then restore it properly at some point it would be somthing different, dont think ill go done the ascona or 400 route as its all be done before and and these are rare like you say

• Like 1

yep , keep it a cav , i think its fair to say they get the rough end of the stick and get ripped apart to opel-ise them , been done a lot and done well but if you want to stand out these are a rare sight now , incidently my first car was a 2 door cav saloon , loved it !

• Like 1

Heres one to consider then . . . LOU848P is the oldest known surviving Cavalier in the world . . . and it was registered on 14/6/76 . . . the car you have was registered on the 19/2/76 . . . so thats the oldest survivor there!!

Strip it to a shell, get it soda blasted and then make the repairs. Then restore it as original. If it really is the oldest one it needs to be done original. There are plenty of mid production run examples to modify !

The bonnet will be an early stamping and will have a different brace to the later cars and Mantas.

I might have a no slot nose top panel if you still need one.

John, (username 2347593753905793857 or something ) on here has a good new front and rear bumper.

Edited by paulmanta