Not A Manta

davo

Ok strange request I know but

It's a long shot but I've been asked to do a one off banger racing team event later in the year

So I'm on the look out for a 2.0rear wheel drive car to use.

Mantas never made a good banger so don't worry I won't be using one of them but if any one hears of a cortina or Capri then please let me know.

If your in any doubt what will happen to it,

Here's a Capri I raced about 15 years ago

image_zpsd09aadc2.jpg

• Like 1

Oh if only I had a Capri Brian, I'd gladly give you one to do that to it!!! Lol.

Get yourself onto Essex Classics forum, they might have something you could use! They are all Crapi and Tincorner guys! Although they might not appreciate them being used for bangers, but if someone has one that's not going to make it back on the road, you never know!

Dave

I think you will struggle to find a cortina or Capri these days You must be doing a classic team race because all use mondeo now where you racing at ! Capri where sold at back but struts let them down and cortinas where sold front end but arse would drop with big hit we use to run cortina 2ltr ,3ltr carb,1300 box 4/1diff !

Haha you were the first dave!!!!

I thought there would be a big line of manta folk wanting me to do that to a Capri !!!!!

Yeti

I know it's going to be tough to find either car

The rules for this meet is 2.0 rear wheel drive so may be a Hyundai Stella ! Even harder to find but cheaper !

I think the above photo shows the capris weakness at the front !!!!

• 2 weeks later...