'88 Manta 2.0 Gte Exclusive For Sale

MikeGTE

Hi, I'm new to the forum and just wanting to let you all know about my Manta, now up for sale...

'88 coupe glacier white

36,509 miles

2 owners from new

copper fuel and brake lines

Scorpian SS exhaust system

Original spec, no welding or bodywork

interior in perfect condition Exterior all sound just needs a little care...

Drives like new

Automatic

Okay, I bought this car in 1992, drove it for 3 years and then had to stop driving, due to a brain tumour which went for my sight. Though I've got the "all clear" the sight never returned. I kept my beloved in a heated garage from 1995 to date and other than fitting the copper pipes and SS exhaust, that is all she has seen. She starts on the button, runs sweetly. I have some photos, but am not sure how to upload, as I'm using a screen reader to type this.. but will try to upload as soon as. Along with this car, I also have another '88 exclusive, there is 12 days between the 2 cars, but this other has been hit. I was hoping to use it as a project, but alas... The clock on the second Manta reads mid 30,000 miles too. I would be looking to sell both cars together along with the panels and bits I had gathered up from the late 80-early 90's. Sorry this so long, but I'd like £9450 for both cars and whatever I have parts ways. I won't turn away any sensible offers. Thanks for reading this and I hope they would go to a good home! :)

Hi, The first Manta 2.0 GTE exclusive is the white one which I used to drive and is ready to hop in and drive.. the second Manta mentioned is also a 2.0 GTE exclusive, also March 1988, 12 days older than the first one. The second one, which is Carmine Red, has been hit up the driver's side, damage is to lower half, so A, B and C pillars are untouched. I spoke to a guy with a puller and he said that it was repairable, there is no intrusive distortion, a new wing, driver's door an dback quarter panel would sort the cosmetic bit, work does need to be done to the sill, side skirt has gone, but I have a replacement one. The car is without: interior carpet, rear parcel carpet, rear seat, steering wheel and distributor. The rear axle has the trailing arm mount torn off, though I have 1 if not 2 rear axles complete. Other parts I am going to go and round up in next day(s) and will give full details. The red Manta has no headlights and the driver's wing mounted indicator is broken. Both interior adjusted door mirrors are complete and present on car. Also it is without side glass and door and rear cards. As mentioned, this one is a 5 speed gearbox. Hope this gives a bit more information. Location is Ballymoney.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, the red Manta has gone to a great home along with whatever parts I had. That leaves the White exclusive still available. The asking price for it is £8550 ono, if you are genuine I don't think I'll be turning you away! Thanks again for taking the time to read these posts guys, appreciated. :)

This car looks really nice, Are mint Exclusive coupe's now worth this much?

I'm not questioning if this car is worth this but more a general question on values of Manta's?

Would be nice if they were, sadly I suspect this car is 2k over what the market will stand.

But, we live in hope that values are steadily rising, a 2 door Ford from the same era in same condition would be 12-15k.