Mirrored Stainless Steel Radiator Trays/covers (To Suit Modified Manta B With 400 Bonnet)

paul691

I'm planning on making some radiator trays out of mirrored stainless steel.
These will be unlike those currently for sale as these are aimed at Mantas with the 400 bonnet that are not using the standard bonnet latch mechanism (i.e. those which are secured by pins or aerocatch). They will fit high up, covering where the latch would normally be, removing it totally from sight. These could be fitted to Mantas with the steel bonnet but the catch on the underside of the bonnet would be close to the cover and may mark it.
These will come in various options with logos laser cut into them. I have made CAD drawings for 'MANTA GT/E', '400', 'EXCLUSIVE' and one with the Opel badge. Or I could supply a blank cover. These will then have coloured acrylic bonded to the back to give the lettering some colour (currently I have red, blue, yellow or black. Although I could order more colours).
A stainless steel fixing kit will be included along with full fitting instructions.
I have made one as a prototype (although ignore the latch sticking out, this was just a test on my Manta with a Trevor Lewis 400 bonnet, before I tried it to a Manta with a steel bonnet).
I will also work on options for covers with the bonnet latch fitted. I just thought this would be a nice option for modified Mantas.
The price per cover will be £45. If more than 10 people want one type then the price will reduce to £40 due to cost saving at the laser cutters. Postage will be between £3 and £5.65 as an estimate, I'll get a proper quote before I make any sales.
2013-12-01005640x205.jpg
(This was a prototype. The actual covers will not have the cut out for the bonnet catch. Please excuse the dirty radiator)
These are the design options (screenshots from AutoCAD):
400.jpg
ex.jpg
opel.jpg
gte.jpg
Can people who are interested please repost this list adding their names to the design option they want (note the colour in brackets).
'400'
1. Paul 691 (Blue)
'EXCLUSIVE'
'OPEL'
'MANTA GT/E'
Blank
Edited by paul691

I'm planning on making some radiator trays out of mirrored stainless steel.
These will be unlike those currently for sale as these are aimed at Mantas with the 400 bonnet that are not using the standard bonnet latch mechanism (i.e. those which are secured by pins or aerocatch). They will fit high up, covering where the latch would normally be, removing it totally from sight. These could be fitted to Mantas with the steel bonnet but the catch on the underside of the bonnet would be close to the cover and may mark it.
These will come in various options with logos laser cut into them. I have made CAD drawings for 'MANTA GT/E', '400', 'EXCLUSIVE' and one with the Opel badge. Or I could supply a blank cover. These will then have coloured acrylic bonded to the back to give the lettering some colour (currently I have red, blue, yellow or black. Although I could order more colours).
A stainless steel fixing kit will be included along with full fitting instructions.
I have made one as a prototype (although ignore the latch sticking out, this was just a test on my Manta with a Trevor Lewis 400 bonnet, before I tried it to a Manta with a steel bonnet).
I will also work on options for covers with the bonnet latch fitted. I just thought this would be a nice option for modified Mantas.
The price per cover will be £45. If more than 10 people want one type then the price will reduce to £40 due to cost saving at the laser cutters. Postage will be between £3 and £5.65 as an estimate, I'll get a proper quote before I make any sales.
2013-12-01005640x205.jpg
(This was a prototype. The actual covers will not have the cut out for the bonnet catch. Please excuse the dirty radiator)
These are the design options (screenshots from AutoCAD):
400.jpg
ex.jpg
opel.jpg
gte.jpg
Can people who are interested please repost this list adding their names to the design option they want (note the colour in brackets).
'400'
1. Paul 691 (Blue)
2.Titson (Blue)
'EXCLUSIVE'
'OPEL'
'MANTA GT/E'
Blank

• Like 1

Any joy on the possibility of making these for mantas with a standard bonnet? It seems a shame that such a high quality item is limited to people with bonnet pins. I think these would sell pretty well if they had the cut out like the prototype, and I'd love to see some other stainless items for the Mantas underbonnet since Clive isn't on the scene anymore. Oh how I wish I never sold my washer bottle, wiper motor cover, brake resi cover, kick plates, and several other items that I'll never see again :(

Any joy on the possibility of making these for mantas with a standard bonnet? It seems a shame that such a high quality item is limited to people with bonnet pins. I think these would sell pretty well if they had the cut out like the prototype, and I'd love to see some other stainless items for the Mantas underbonnet since Clive isn't on the scene anymore. Oh how I wish I never sold my washer bottle, wiper motor cover, brake resi cover, kick plates, and several other items that I'll never see again :(

Im away from home at the moment working in Italy. I will be back next weekend just for a quick visit. I'll make sure I get a CAD drawing made up for a 'standard set up' type so I can get them all made at the same time.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Sold out of these covers at the moment. Here are some pictures of the colour variations of those I've sold:

20140531_195711837_iOS.jpg

20140630_104528622_iOS.jpg

20140630_104528622_iOS.jpg

20140630_104620936_iOS.jpg

If anyone else would like this type of cover please let me know. I'll need interest from 4 or 5 people before its worth getting any more cut.

I can also cut different logos into the cover!

Edited by paul691

I'd take one paul but it would have to have the cutout for the original bonnet latch

I have made some with the cut out, but they are still with the laser cutters. They made them from the wrong material (bright annealed instead of mirrored). They have had these for almost a month now and dont return my calls or answer emails. If I get no joy next week with them I'll source another laser cutter.

• 1 month later...