When's Your Manta Most Lively?

Binnacle-ZA

Hello Everyone.

Was wondering when a 1.9 is most lively. 2.0s and 2.2s welcome to chime in! :) (Or anyone else if you'd like to share)

I'm curious because I've noticed since my auto to 5speed conversion that mine will really wake up about 5000 revs (I had cause to make a speedy get away :P). A real sudden jump though, I know max power is around about there but it gave me a little surprise, I'd say it feels like a (very) tiny turbo kicked in. I've still got ye olde Solex on it, could the vacuum secondary only be opening then?

Ideas, thoughts and opinions please!

hahaha :D

mines faster at night and smoother in the rain . i think the cooler air helps the burn a bit more, and the wet seems to lessen the noise of the shitty roads hammering my suspension .

so as its been dark and raining almost everyday for months its going great, but then its a 2.0ohc .

i thought the secondary choke would open up as soon as you take away the vacuum holding it closed ,eg full throttle would have little or no vacuum and so it should be able to fully open from low revs , but im not a solex expert .

i reckon it could also be the bob weights in the distributor throwing out and moving the timing a bit giving the extra grunt .