Ascona B Wanted

birdie

• 2 weeks later...

I know of a black left hand drive Ascona 2.0 E (same engine as a Manta GTE) 2 door that I think is for sale in Middlesbrough.

This is a very rare car I believe, I can put you in touch with him if you are interested.

It is solid, black in colour with spoiler and recaro trim.

Edited by Chris M

Been to see this car (lhd ascona sport) and is quite solid requires some welding not to serious,but needs lots of work and parts.dont understand why he increased the price by £400 :unsure:

All depends on what you are looking for and funds to spend on this car.

pm me i you want further info.

Hi Rutts Do you know if he is looking to sell? Ian P.s Thanks Kapitan and Rekord for the info on the black 2 door. Its not really what im looking for. Ideally I would like a 4 door saloon and preferably a runner and drive. But thanks again

if you look through the cars for sale adds you will get drews number, its a two door in blue metallic really mint and i mean mint. 1.6 automatic with LPG conversion runs and looks great. I doubt anyone will find a better ascona b anywhere within Europe.

I have a 2.0SR four door in bronze. It has around 60k miles on it. I've had it for about six years but never used it. Recently I left it into a garage to have a pre mot check & to have a knocking sorted out in the engine, believed to be a cam. Anyway the garage discovered that at some stage ,many years ago, it had developed a leak in the bulkhead under the servo and water had gotten in, rotting the floor on the drivers side. They have cut out the rot and at present I'm trying to source a mint floor pan or have one made for it. The garage has aksed a fabricator to give a quote to sort it but he hasn't looked at it as yet, despite numerous promises..

Apart from that the car is really lovely. I gave it a bow over three or four years back as the lacquer had blistered a little but I do have pics of before & after to show that there was no rot, or so I thought. Interior really is one of the best I've seen. Car is currently about 80 miles away but I am going to contact the garage next week & if they haven't got me a quote for repair yet I may let it go as it is if you are interested? The other problem is I'm in Northern Ireand. (UK car though)

Hi Kapitan, I am interested in your car. Please could you send me some pictures (birdie100000@yahoo.co.uk) and an idea what you would be looking to get for the car. Also could you let me know whether the engine knock has been located/fixed. Regards Ian

Hi Hatz, Im currently looking into one in Ireland but I woul like to know more about the one you mentioned incase the other one falls through. Please could you send further details/pictures to birdie100000@yahoo.co.uk Many thanks, Ian