C20Xe (Redtop) Into Manta Radiator Hoses

Retro Power

We have in stock the following water hose options to suit C20XE 'Redtop' engine fitted in Opel Manta or Ascona B:

Black Silicone set excluding heater pipes:

Bottom hose includes a branch to fit onto the water outlet on the inlet manifold (standard injection manifold or suitable DCOE type carb manifolds). There is also a smaller branch which can be used for the water return from the heater or back of the head or can be blanked with the included blanking plug depending on the setup you run

Price is £98 inc. VAT & postage to UK mainland.

Please email 'enquiries@retropower.co.uk' to order. Payment can be transfer, cheque, cash or Paypal but not card over the phone.

DSCF1126_zpsba4ab96b.jpg

Blue Silicone set excluding heater pipes:

Bottom hose includes a branch to fit onto the water outlet on the inlet manifold (standard injection manifold or suitable DCOE type carb manifolds). There is also a smaller branch which can be used for the water return from the heater or back of the head or can be blanked with the included blanking plug depending on the setup you run

Price is £98 inc. VAT & postage to UK mainland.

Please email 'enquiries@retropower.co.uk' to order. Payment can be transfer, cheque, cash or Paypal but not card over the phone.

DSCF1314_zpsc32fbc84.jpg

Black Silicone set including heater pipes:

Bottom hose includes a branch to fit onto the water outlet on the inlet manifold (standard injection manifold or suitable DCOE type carb manifolds). There is also a smaller branch with a joiner to connect the included heater hose which then goes to one side of the heater matrix. there is a second pipe included to go from the other heater matrix connection to the outlet on the back of the cylinder head.

Price is £128 inc. VAT & postage to UK mainland.

DSCF1315_zpsbe5fbd2d.jpg

Sets are available in other colours to order, and clamps also available - please ask.

Edited by Retro Power
  • Like 1

No, do you mean temp switch for electric fan (senders for ECU and gauge are in the stat housing).

If you run an aftermarket ECU then most can switch the fan relay based on a temp you set in the ECU.

Failing that, the best bet is a temp switch in the rad similar to the original 16V setup.

I think I'll have a set when I order a rwd manifold....... Is there any option for temp sender in top hose?

Ahhhhh yeah the red top has a temp unit under the inlet manifold with a plug on. I shoul be able to run my electric fan from that right?

Not that i know of? The thing with a plug under the manifold is the Idle Air Control Valve.

If it's fan switching you are after it's either a case of welding a temp switch mounting (threaded boss) into the rad, or using one of those 'inline' ones in the top hose, in which case you'll need to cut the hose and insert it ;-) In any case it needs to be somewhere in the hottest part of the circuit, after the thermostat (ie, top hose or nearer to the top of the rad)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi, sorry, I know this is an old thread, but hoping you can help. 

Ive a 1972 Manta A with a C20LET Red Top Turbo fitted. Unfortunately my top coolant hose has split. I see from the pictures in this thread one of the hoses looks exactly like the top hose I need. I'm thinking it would be good to replace all of them, but from the picture the lower hose doesn't look correct. 

Can you give me some advice. 

Thanks in advance. 

Dave. 

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...