Cav Saloon Turbo Project

shooie811

]hi been meaning to do this for ages well here were ago hi my names chris im 21, a joiner and i live in ayrshire in scotland an this is some pics of my cavy b4 it came off the road a couple of year ago

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

http://i1343.photobucket.com/albums/o794/chrisyturbo0391/Photo010-1.jpg[/img

Photo072_zpsfc0434f7.jpg

Photo021_zpsab831881.jpg

Photo019_zps53bc4a2a.jpg

shes a 78 1.6gl my dad bought it from a guy in leeds about 5/6 year ago a once i passed my test it became mine mainly due to the fact that i had a 205 gti which was going to nearly 3000 quid to insure an the cav was only 500 lol ever since its been my pride and joy and now its time to get it back on the road heres more pics

Photo001_zpsfc232307.jpg

Photo001.jpg

Photo011.jpg

will add more pics 2moro photobucket keeps crashing on me

Nice looking cav! Good to see theres not much tin worm under those wings, they can be pretty nasty.

Looks like the car has loads of life left in it yet, whats your plans?

Scott.

well im plannig to keep body all orgininal same colour sitting low on a nice set of wide wheels been looking at schidmt wheels bloody expensive though av got airbags for the setup of the suspension dont what they be like on it after planting a turbo in it tho if they would last

Wheels wise worth a look at the bullet steels we're using on the 4 door ascona we're building at the moment ( look up the project on www.retropower.co.uk for pics ) you won't get any wider than those under stock rolled arches, and they are cheap and look nice.

If you need any info on turbo 16v setup give us a bell advice is free!

• Like 1

Shooie811

Have you seen those Schmidt replica wheels for sale on Ebay? They're called something like "OS4" and come up if you put Schmidt in the search. You can get 4 7x15's, 4 8x15's or 2 7x15's and 2 8x15's for around £400 delivered. They are all ET25 on the offset which will fit your Cavalier ok. They are a replica of a Schmidt TH Line rim and you've got the choice of Silver, Gold, Black or polished centres. A proper set of Schmidt TH Lines would be around £1600. If I was building another car then I'd go for a set of these replica rims. ....Luke.

Edited by 399Road

would look very nice in dark silver/gunmetal, but the blue looks good also, its got a nice stance, much like a red cav i had briefly, not sure whats happened to that, was up your end of the island when i sold it on

the old 2.0 8v one?it appeared at total vauxhall show at crail last year i think(2011) as far as i know its laid up off the road again at the brigebrea garage...iv tried to buy it a few times but they wont part with it.

the old 2.0 8v one?it appeared at total vauxhall show at crail last year i think(2011) as far as i know its laid up off the road again at the brigebrea garage...iv tried to buy it a few times but they wont part with it.

yes was an 8v, i ut all the recaro interior in it got it all electrically there but didnt have the time to quite finish it further, well just needed an MOT at the time, need the cash also, that motor has been through more hands than an old five und note!

Thats 3 of us with 4 Sapphire Blue saloons between us just on this thread!

I remember this car when Andy had it looking nice sat down low. How much did you lower it, I need to get mine down a fair bit as standard springs are like stilts on Cavvys..

Thats 3 of us with 4 Sapphire Blue saloons between us just on this thread!

I remember this car when Andy had it looking nice sat down low. How much did you lower it, I need to get mine down a fair bit as standard springs are like stilts on Cavvys..

it was lowered about 100mm or so i did this by cutting springs i know alot of people dnt like the sound of that but i used shorter shocks 3" shorter which stops the springs from popping out i had it like this all the time i had it on the road with no trouble at all and still comfortable to drive

yes was an 8v, i ut all the recaro interior in it got it all electrically there but didnt have the time to quite finish it further, well just needed an MOT at the time, need the cash also, that motor has been through more hands than an old five und note!

I loved that red Cavalier, was bloody quick for a 8V, would love to see photos of it finished and on the road.. It did have a few owners from initial built to getting on the road

I loved that red Cavalier, was bloody quick for a 8V, would love to see photos of it finished and on the road.. It did have a few owners from initial built to getting on the road

it was quick, only took it down the road and farm track forgetting it hadnt had the brakes bled! sh~t your pants moment. 1600 axle wasnt it?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Wee update not alot being done due to working away from home alot. All nasty old underseal and paint removed prepped with vactan and zinc primer few pieces welding to get done nothing major null_zps146681ef.jpg

null_zps2ed8aadc.jpg

null_zps254cb94b.jpg

2013-04-04114114_zps0a5d8e8b.jpg also got the front end dismantled and bushes pressed out going to stregthen it then powder coated and polybushed

null_zps6963dd7b.jpg

New valance from retro powernull_zps7bf2879e.jpg

Got a good 5speed box lying if anyones needing one?null_zps739db582.jpg

• Like 1