Cambridge Get Together

Loobie Maher

Hi folks, if we are to go ahead with this weekend I need to book it within the next week or so, before I return to work and uni and my brain and time is not accessible!!!

At the moment, showing interest, I have - Myself and Mick, Paul and Caroline, Fiona and Charlie, Jayne and Steve and sorry for not knowing who you are but 1900 SR.

Shall I go ahead and book five rooms for these couples, with the option of others booking nearer the time, if they wish, depending on availability or shall we leave this weekend and those who can make it head to Stratford Upon Avon.

On another note, I have stayed at many Travelodges. I have always found them comfortable, clean and fine for a nights sleep, which is all I require when away as out and about in the day. I have had an email, saying of a Travelodge sale Jan-March, twelve pounds a night, per room. There is a Travelodge in Cambridge. You have to venture out and find your own breakfast, not the end of the world!

If cost is an issue for members, with regard to this weekend, as it is for many, including myslef, I would be more than happy for us to stay at the Travelodge, find a nice pub on the Saturday evening for a meal and then head off to Duxford for the Sunday - thoughts anybody..................................................

I'm afraid these thoughts need to be thick and fast, as I said, the details for this event need to be tied up by the end of August, otherwise I will have lost time and energy to organise nearer the time

Thanks - Lou

Ahhhh Steve!!! This is so confusing for a woman, the men on here know who each other are by their username, I only bob on now and then, so know noooootthhhhhing!!!

OK four rooms, unless we can muster up any more takers. Are you favouring either option - Arundel or Travelodge????

Like the Idea of the Arundal personally, got another one for you, Simon Twells and his good lady would like to come. Mick Harbidge will come back to us this evening.

Mind you, Travelodge would be Ok, but I wouldn't hold out much hope of the £12 rooms. Told Simon and Mick it was The Arundal though.

Edited by 1900SR

i like the idea of this but it's a long way in the future for me with reguards to shift patterns, i could be at work that weekend and wont know till much nearer the time.

out of interest what are the charges for a single room?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ian - the price for a single room with dinner bed and breakfast will be one hundred and five pounds and subject to availability can be booked any time.

If anybody needed to know the price of a family room, this will be one hundred and eighty pounds, sleeping three people.

I have now made a booking for the 9th February - attending so far - Mick and Lou Maher, Charlie and Fiona Middleton, Paul and Caroline Brennecker, Jayne and Steve Grundy, Simon Twells and partner and Mick and Carol Harbridge

Lou Maher

• 4 months later...

I have just checked on the Duxford web site and for groups of ten people or more, they are charging thirteen pounds, twenty pence admission.

This is The Imperial War Museum, Duxford, I will look for the post code for the hotel and put on for people.

Yes Mick, you are on the list.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.arundelho...aurant_menu.pdf

This should be the link to look at the hotel's website, the dinner menu for the Saturday evening. It is quite extensive so may be worth a look to give the week to decide!!!

We are booked into the restaurant to eat at 7.30, if as a group we wish this to be any different, let me know and I can change it. We are able to book into the hotel anytime from 2pm. Breakfast is served from 7.30 until 10am on the Sunday.

Everybody will need to pay their full balances on arrival.

Duxford is close by and will give a reduction in admission prices for groups of ten or more.

See you all next week - Lou x