Manta Power Steering Column

mantasrme

This is a complete powersteering column ready to fit into your manta, with a speed controller box included (not in picture)

All you need to do is fit it and connect 4 wires to have powersteering

For fitting you will need to drill 2 holes for the new rear mounts and either fit captive/rivnuts or remove the clocks (for access) and use standard nuts. Run a fused power feed to the new ecu, and earth wire, and connect an ignition live to switch the box on. You will also need to mount the ecu and control box.

Its a combination of a corsa B column and standard manta column (as described by Kev in the tech section)

But this has the brackets made so the motor is mounted to the passengers side behind the dash, which means the fuse box doesn't need relocating.

The drivers side lower dash needs a small section cutting out to clear the assembly, but other than that all the original cowling steering wheel and trim is retained so the car still looks standard

epas-manta.jpg

IMG_0680.jpg

For the complete setup its £270 plus £20 p+p If you send/bring me your old column its £40 less

Alternatively if you already have the parts i can make you the mounts from my jigs so everything is angled correctly ready to bolt in.

Fitting of the column is also available, this is the only complete column i have currently for sale but i have a couple of corsa columns to modify so more will be available soon.

Edited by mantasrme
Price update Jan 2016
  • Like 3

That's a great price and as I saw at billing it fits great, works great and looks factory.

A corsa EPS can cost £100 plus the cost of a manta one plus the cost of the controller plus the modified mount. Bargain that!

I'm changing the position of mine using David brackets as he's had it up and running in a fully built car.

One is going on the mancona too ;-)

This is a complete powersteering column ready to fit into your manta, with a speed controller box included (not in picture)

All you need to do is fit it and connect 4 wires to have powersteering

For fitting you will need to drill 2 holes for the new rear mounts and either fit captive/rivnuts or remove the clocks (for access) and use standard nuts. Run a fused power feed to the new ecu, and earth wire, and connect an ignition live to switch the box on. You will also need to mount the ecu and control box.

Its a combination of a corsa B column and standard manta column (as described by Kev in the tech section)

But this has the brackets made so the motor is mounted to the passengers side behind the dash, which means the fuse box doesn't need relocating.

The drivers side lower dash needs a small section cutting out to clear the assembly, but other than that all the original cowling steering wheel and trim is retained so the car still looks standard

epas-manta.jpg

IMG_0680.jpg

For the complete setup its £190 plus £20 p+p If you send/bring me your old column its £20 less

Alternativly if you already have the parts i can make you the mounts from my jigs so everythings angled correctly ready to bolt in.

Fitting of the column is also available, this is the only complete column i have currently for sale but i have a couple of corsa columns to modify so more will be available soon.

Hello mate!

Will this fit the LHD Manta? Cheers!

That's a great price and as I saw at billing it fits great, works great and looks factory.

A corsa EPS can cost £100 plus the cost of a manta one plus the cost of the controller plus the modified mount. Bargain that!

I'm changing the position of mine using David brackets as he's had it up and running in a fully built car.

One is going on the mancona too ;-)

Cheers Kev, I managed to pick up a couple of very cheap corsa columns which is why the price is so good.

Oh your brackets are done (just have to remember to post them ack now :rolleyes: )

I've also got a corsa column for the mancona so that can be done soon.

Hello mate!

Will this fit the LHD Manta? Cheers!

Hi, i don't think it will as the fusebox would be in the way but i have not tried the setup in a LHD car.

I've had a lot of interest in the column and the one listed is sold and in scotland now. But i will be getting more corsa columns to do more conversions but i am out of spare manta columns now so would need your column to modify if anyone else wants a converted column.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Fitted my Mantasport EPS mounts to my Manta tonight and they fit very well indeed :thumbup

I'll get some pics up ASAP and change my how to on the conversion as David has fitted his into a fully running car, my how to has the motor in a different position

Using the new mount means I don't have any fuse box issues.

Thanks David

Edited by Kevin Abbott
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

So, your driving along the road when the near side front wheel catches a puddle and decides to yank the steering wheel to the left and pull you into a wall or something at the side of the road. Does having power steering stop this happening? I know in my van if I hit a puddle it doesn't happen and that's power steering.

Cheers

Craig

It won't stop it as such, if you've got wide tyres and one hits a puddle the drag will be increased and if you're not holding the wheel it will pull the car to the side.

But with the power steering it will be easier for you to hold the wheel straight.

So, your driving along the road when the near side front wheel catches a puddle and decides to yank the steering wheel to the left and pull you into a wall or something at the side of the road. Does having power steering stop this happening? I know in my van if I hit a puddle it doesn't happen and that's power steering.

Cheers

Craig

SO HAVE U HIT A WALL OR SOMETHING????

colin

hello mate have managed to get a fitting guide/wiring diagram together for the power steering column into a manta B? as everyone i go to for help asks the same question. its not something many have tried and dont want to mess it up. cheers Adie

hi mantasrme,i am interested in buying one of power steering kits,i have a spare manta steering column i can send you.where do i have to send it? and how would you need paying?

Hi, At the moment i do not have any corsa columns in stock when i do i will let people know