New Years Bash 2013 - Cambridge/war Museum, Duxford

Loobie Maher

Arundel House Hotel welcomes you to Cambridge

img1.png

Beautifully located overlooking the river Cam and open parkland the hotel is only a short walk across the park, known as Jesus Green, to the city centre and the wealth of fascinating architecture for which Cambridge is famous.

The hotel, which is privately owned , has been formed from a terrace of particularly fine late nineteenth century Victorian houses. The facade and elegantly proportioned interiors have been carefully preserved while still allowing the hotel to offer all the modern services which discerning travellers now demand. All of the hotel’s 103 bedrooms have private facilities en suite, with either a bath, a shower or bath and shower. All rooms also have tea and coffee making facilities, television, radio, hairdryer and a direct dial telephone with an automatic wake up alarm facility.

Free Wifi is available in all areas.

February 9th 2013

Inclusive of Full English Breakfast, and a set 3 course dinner at a rate of one hundred and fifty pounds per couple.

I can enquire as to the cost of a single or twin room.

The hotel is within easy reach of the following point of interest, where I will enquire as to a cost of entry for a group booking

IWM Duxford

IWM Duxford is set within the spacious grounds of the famous former First and Second World War airfield. Lose yourself for a whole day wandering under and around some of the most iconic aircraft in the world and get hands-on with our award-winning interactive exhibitions. IWM Duxford is home to an impressive collection of over two hundred aircraft as well as tanks, military vehicles and boats.

An original 1917 Belfast hangar hosting the Battle of Britain exhibition contrasts dramatically with the remarkable architecture of the American Air Museum, designed by contemporary British architects Foster and Partners.

Opened in 2007, AirSpace tells the story of British and Commonwealth aviation. Its Aircraft Hall is home to over 30 aircraft including an iconic Spitfire, a legendary Lancaster and the fastest-ever Concorde.

Let me know if your interested in this weekend in order for me to reserve the correct number of rooms with the hotel. I am wanting to gauge interest in this event in order to assess the viability of this weekend and the VODC weekend that Chris is organising in Stratford Upon Avon.

Edited by mantaray
spelling misstake

Can't manage both I'm afraid, and having done the Coventry/Gaydon one with the OMOC three years ago we'd rather do Cambridge.

Also, we're going to be in Glasgow on the 17th March all being well, so Stratford the night before would be pushing it.

Edited by 1900SR

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

http://www.arundelhousehotels.co.uk/pdfdocs/restaurant_menu.pdf

This should be the link to look at the hotel's website, the dinner menu for the Saturday evening. It is quite extensive so may be worth a look to give the week to decide!!!

We are booked into the restaurant to eat at 7.30, if as a group we wish this to be any different, let me know and I can change it. We are able to book into the hotel anytime from 2pm. Breakfast is served from 7.30 until 10am on the Sunday.

Everybody will need to pay their full balances on arrival.

Duxford is close by and will give a reduction in admission prices for groups of ten or more.

See you all next week - Lou x

Have a great time people - I have stayed at this hotel - wonderful views over the River Cam and it's many footbridges - only one is a public footbridge! If you park round the back there are some extra spaces a bit further round past the maintenance shed if you want to park your pride and joy in a safe place. The entrance is concealled down the side of the hotel so take care!