Ascona " Facelift "

hatz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi,

Very, very nice. I love the asconas. Unfortunately mine are brown and blue and I think the WHITE is the correct color.
Could you advice from where you get the front bumper and for how much?

Cheers,
Plamen

he got the front bumper off us at opel spares in cumbria, its a genuine 400 one not a fiberglass copy and it was costly and he really had to twist my dads arm! ;). best place for genuine is germany but good luck as there very hard to come by! lol

Thanks for the answer Drew.
I have a genuine Irmscher front lip to put under the original bumper. Also have an original lip spoiler for the back bonnet.... It is another topic.

I am interested in 400 Ascona full kit, that's why I asked. But when it up to twist arms... no worries, I will pass. :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Plamen

• 2 months later...

Nice Work there. :thumbup

Can I Ask Where did you get the New Rooflining from.?

what are you looking for an Ascona or a Manta rooflining as the guy that made mine can make them no problem . He's based in Glasgow .

Hatz

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I think that I have the guides mixed up and not sure which side is what and back to front lol, tried following the Ascona Haynes manual with no luck !

• 1 year later...
12 hours ago, hatz said:

Guys, thinking of selling my car, haven't got a clue what it's worth! any ideas?

Looking at the pics & build thread from 4 years ago that looks one outstanding Ascona.

I don't know what you spent on the car getting it restored but remember that its rare to get back what you have spent on a car during an extensive restoration.

Assuming its still in the same condition as the last pics posted & it is running nicely with a full MOT then for insurance purposes its got to be valued around £8000 +

What could it sell for ?

Difficult to say as its not the best time of the year to sell a car, spring or summer is better. Our members in Ireland will be interested due to the value of the Euro against the pound.

In conclusion it's worth what someone is prepared to pay so if you would like say £8000 for the car then you advertise it for £9500 ono. Alternately you auction it on Ebay set a reserve, the car gets a wide audience & finds its value. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rapierdave said:

Looking at the pics & build thread from 4 years ago that looks one outstanding Ascona.

I don't know what you spent on the car getting it restored but remember that its rare to get back what you have spent on a car during an extensive restoration.

Assuming its still in the same condition as the last pics posted & it is running nicely with a full MOT then for insurance purposes its got to be valued around £8000 +

What could it sell for ?

Difficult to say as its not the best time of the year to sell a car, spring or summer is better. Our members in Ireland will be interested due to the value of the Euro against the pound.

In conclusion it's worth what someone is prepared to pay so if you would like say £8000 for the car then you advertise it for £9500 ono. Alternately you auction it on Ebay set a reserve, the car gets a wide audience & finds its value. 

the car is just as you see it in the pictures, never turned a wheel, such a shave for it to be just lying there, might take it to Billings and see.

thanks. Paul

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 6/21/2012 at 01:07, hatz said:

...oh well! the bold Drew from Ambleside comes up trumps again! another wee visit down and yet again I dont leave empty handed, not only do I get a genuine Irmcher boot spoiler for the old girl but wait for it!!!! a GENUINE 3 PIECE ASCONA 400 FRONT BUMPER, bring it on, TOYS FOR BOYS!

Hello,
I'm desperately seeking an original frontspoiler for my Ascona 400.
Do you know where to get one ?
thanks