1986 Manta Coupe

paulmanta

Hi folks,

I have been asked by a lady who's husband has just passed away to help in selling his 1986 Manta coupe.

It is taxed for another 5 months and has 12 months MOT, it is pretty good, it needs love but is solid and not accident damaged or particularly rusty although there is evidence that it is starting to try and turn for the worst.

I value it at £1500 or near offers. It would make a damn good project to restore as it is complete and unmolested. Front nose is a bit crusty, its starting to go on the inner wing join and the roof has one small patch starting to try and cause trouble.

It needs work and possibly a restoration but is a lot of potential for not a lot of money, a two owner car that has not had a bump and the rear panel, sills, rear 1/4s and boot floor are perfect from what I saw and the interior is good, not ripped or badly worn.

Let me know if anyone is interested, its cheap for what it could be.

I am not selling or making even a penny from this, I just want to see it in a good home.

The car is near Newquay in Cornwall but its nice down here at this time of year and I have no reason to worry that the car could not drive away with no problems.

PM or email me and I will pass on the sellers details.

IMAG0042.jpg

IMAG0043.jpg

IMAG0041.jpg

IMAG0037.jpg

Edited by paulmanta

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks,

I have been asked by a lady who's husband has just passed away to help in selling his 1986 Manta coupe.

It is taxed for another 5 months and has 12 months MOT, it is pretty good, it needs love but is solid and not accident damaged or particularly rusty although there is evidence that it is starting to try and turn for the worst.

I value it at £1500 or near offers. It would make a damn good project to restore as it is complete and unmolested. Front nose is a bit crusty, its starting to go on the inner wing join and the roof has one small patch starting to try and cause trouble.

It needs work and possibly a restoration but is a lot of potential for not a lot of money, a two owner car that has not had a bump and the rear panel, sills, rear 1/4s and boot floor are perfect from what I saw and the interior is good, not ripped or badly worn.

Let me know if anyone is interested, its cheap for what it could be.

I am not selling or making even a penny from this, I just want to see it in a good home.

The car is near Newquay in Cornwall but its nice down here at this time of year and I have no reason to worry that the car could not drive away with no problems.

PM or email me and I will pass on the sellers details.

IMAG0042.jpg

IMAG0043.jpg

IMAG0041.jpg

IMAG0037.jpg

Hi Paul. Why do these things all turn up at the wrong time! I'm only on St Austell and would give my left nut for this (if I could get it out of the wife's hand bag without her noticing!!! Lol) Would be good to keep it on county, doesnt Nige still want a coupe????

I've got AVO gas adjustable shocks and 30mm (I think) lowered springs on my somewhat modified 1.8 hatch. All the parts were new in 2006/7 and have done about 4000 miles.

Even on the softest setting, it rides like a brick. They're far too hard, the springs are partially coil bound (and were from new) and I wish I'd left it alone to be honest.

If you're into track days, perhaps that's what you need, but for our billiard table smooth roads, they're not exactly ideal.

I hope this is of interest.