16V Conversion Clutch Kits

Kevin Abbott

I can provide the correct and uprated clutch kits for the 16v XE transplant, mates of mine and myself have run these for years with no problems.

102_2477.jpg

Clutch is a 3 piece LUK item.

Friction plate 228 mm 8 spring with performance lining ( performance lining is the term used by my supplier so i don't know how performance it is but mates of mine have this in with no problems at all)

228 pressure plate and flat release bearing

Compared with 1800 plate

102_2483.jpg

£80 delivered

for comparison a 1800 manta friction plate sometimes used in 16v transplants

Edited by Kevin Abbott

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe a daft question??? If the friction plate is bigger then is the cover also bigger in diameter meaning i have to drill and retap the flywheel, not a problem if i do , just wondering.

1.8 gearbox is on its way, looking for a redtop at the mo and then will be in touch for a clutch kit, slowly gathering the bits ready for a redtop conversion on the A series over next winter, cheers for now John

Hello,

I'd like one of these kits please. I have an XE and and 1800 box, does this include everything to go in between?

Sorry Mint missed the post

Yep it's all you need, 3 piece clutch

Maybe a daft question??? If the friction plate is bigger then is the cover also bigger in diameter meaning i have to drill and retap the flywheel, not a problem if i do , just wondering.

1.8 gearbox is on its way, looking for a redtop at the mo and then will be in touch for a clutch kit, slowly gathering the bits ready for a redtop conversion on the A series over next winter, cheers for now John

Pressure plate fit's straight onto xe flywheel and the friction plate is nice and snug inside it, no messing about needed

Update on clutch kits

I'm having problems with the clutches at the mo due to a shortage of xe pressure plates, the problem is i need to supply a used plate to my supplier before i can get get a new kit from him.

If you can you get your used xe pressure plate to me then i can supply you with a kit.

I recommend myhermes parcel delivery and it will cost you about 6 quid to send it to me.

I have supplied about 10 clutch kits recently and my supplier has run out

Regards

Kev

• 3 months later...

I can provide the correct and uprated clutch kits for the 16v XE transplant, mates of mine and myself have run these for years with no problems.

102_2477.jpg

Clutch is a 3 piece LUK item.

Friction plate 228 mm 8 spring with performance lining ( performance lining is the term used by my supplier so i don't know how performance it is but mates of mine have this in with no problems at all)

228 pressure plate and flat release bearing

Compared with 1800 plate

102_2483.jpg

£80 delivered

for comparison a 1800 manta friction plate sometimes used in 16v transplants

Kev,

Have you got PCD measurements for the mounting holes of the pressure plate, need to check if its compatible with my steel flywheel. Also are these for fitment to a flat flywheel or one with the 2mm recess?

Cheers

Chris

Hi Kev,

I am just after a flat release bearing, can you supply please ?

Yep, send me a PM

Ta

Kev,

Have you got PCD measurements for the mounting holes of the pressure plate, need to check if its compatible with my steel flywheel. Also are these for fitment to a flat flywheel or one with the 2mm recess?

Cheers

Chris

PCD is 6 x 250mm

It is for the 2mm recess standard flywheel with a 230mm friction surface but i can't see why it wouldn't fit the steel one too?

Yep, send me a PM

Ta

PCD is 6 x 250mm

It is for the 2mm recess standard flywheel with a 230mm friction surface but i can't see why it wouldn't fit the steel one too?

Flywheel i had made is for a CIH using a Manta 400 cerametallic paddle clutch from Helix, it runs on a flat flywheel. Looking at this clutch for the road motor i want to build, CIH again, but i'll have a steel flywheel made to suit this setup. The mounting bolts for the clutch are M9 if i remember correctly, are these supplied with the kit or can you get hold of them? Also can you supply the spinner plate with different spline patterns?

Cheers

Chris

The bolts for the clutch are m6 and are still available ( by having your pants pulled down) from vauxhall at about 2 quid a piece.

M9 is what holds the manifold onto the engine on a CIH.

Yea i can get different inner splines but you will have to count the splines and some friction plates look the same but will not work, for instance, the v6 cav one is the same inner and outer and same pattern as the LET but because of the way the friction plate is riveted it will not fit into the recess in the xe flywheel.

I can help but can only supply at your cost the specific part you want.

Clutch parts from different applications are an expensive mine field and i only know from bitter experience ;)

Cheers

Kev

Edit, are you running a 265? If so that is a Ford spline

Edited by Kevin Abbott

The bolts for the clutch are m6 and are still available ( by having your pants pulled down) from vauxhall at about 2 quid a piece.

M9 is what holds the manifold onto the engine on a CIH.

Yea i can get different inner splines but you will have to count the splines and some friction plates look the same but will not work, for instance, the v6 cav one is the same inner and outer and same pattern as the LET but because of the way the friction plate is riveted it will not fit into the recess in the xe flywheel.

I can help but can only supply at your cost the specific part you want.

Clutch parts from different applications are an expensive mine field and i only know from bitter experience ;)

Cheers

Kev

Edit, are you running a 265? If so that is a Ford spline

HI Kev, presume its a typo, but the clutch to flywheel bolts are not M6 they are M7....

HI Kev, presume its a typo, but the clutch to flywheel bolts are not M6 they are M7....

Knew they were an odd size!!! Can you get hold of them? I may be able to but i'll have to buy a load of them. Runnimg a 240 getrag but might be switching to a Ford Type E (i think, 3 ltr capri box) for the grasser.

Cheers

Chris

Just been out to garage to check this and they are m7 :thumbup that's why I had to buy the buggers I suppose and have my pants pulled down at vauxhall for them.

Looking at the top of the bolts they aren't even special, just an 8.8 m7 bolt

Found out recently the 265 have 2 different splines too, both of mine ( monza 265 and jag 265 have a ' fine spline but my mate Gordons and Ians 265's have a 'coarse' spline) bloody PITA

Edited by Kevin Abbott

• 2 months later...