1.8 Berlinetta

Fc4ster

Just a quick advert to gauge any interest,

I will be placing my C reg 1.8 Berlinetta up for sale in May, This is due to my purchase of an I200 which i will be collecting next week! My car will come with a 12month MOT, 84 000 miles. The car had a replacement tank put on late 2010, currently has an issue with the fuel gauge however i will be looking to get that fixed, New Leads and plugs Mid 2010 also.

The car came third in its class at Billing 2009 and I will try to upload some photos later! Has been kept in dry storage over winter and used as a daily runner when the sun shine's (Not Often) All round solid and nice looking original car. Speckled Grey interior in excellant condition and Solid underneath!

The Car is Located Near Gretna Green, 10-20 miles north of Carlisle. Would be looking for #2000 ovnoCIMG0730.jpg

The i200???? Oh, thank God you bought it!!!

I know there were a few people desparately trying not to get their cheque book out for that one!!

You have done a good thing and you are a lucky man!

Enjoy the car and we'll look forward to seeing it at Billing

Thank you stradacb, Couldnt let the opportunity pass me by!! Cant wait to pick it up and drive it home, a good 7 hour journey well worth it! Will have a smile on my face. Will definatly make an appearance at billing 2011! See you there!

Edited by Fc4ster

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, it's Martin. You did send me some photos a few weeks ago. Is it still for sale please??

Hi,

Sorry, Have been busy at work recently, I am going to put this car through an MOT in the next couple of week's (Sure she will sale through) then i will official advertise it with new pics and full information. I will give you first refusal, will email you all details and new pics when MOT is complete!!

Thanks.

Edited by Fc4ster

• 6 years later...

Hiya I don't know if your still a member or not but wanted to let you know I now have your old Opel Manta berlinetter which has just been finished after going through a resto.  She is now called Ruby and I'm loving owning her, going out for a drive is a really sence of occasions.  I'm interested in finding out about her history as I don't have much (old photos, paperwork that might be kicking about ect). Please reply if you get this message Thank you Steven.

P.s it wouldn't let me insert a pic for you to look at.

• OK cool, I'm in the club joined the other day so just getting to grips with this page.. I brought the car up your WY from Middlesbrough (Jon at Ruby classics) .  It's certainly been loved she has had a full engine rebuild including all new seals, gaskets, fluids and a new cam ect. Jon got the body work sorted but as it had three shades if red he gave it an amazing full respray, Really beautiful finish. I brought it back to sunny Essex were she was put up on the ramps and a full underseal was carried out as I plan to use it on a daily basis a couple of times a week so needed a proper underseal to save it and keep it beautiful for next year's shows. 

I have a carport to keep it in so it's free from the heavy frost that we have at the moment down here. I intend to use Ruby on a daily basis when I sell my modified Alfa Romeo that's sitting beside Ruby at the moment. This might upset some owners that it will be in daily use including my dad who think she is way to clean to be in daily use and should be sat up waiting for sun to come out, I disagree she has been fully underseal now including arches ect so she's ready for anything the English winter has to offer and I'm enjoying driving around in her although the heater is crap lol I might put a piece of cardboard in front of the rad to help her heat up like we did in the old days. I'll look after Ruby, she is well loved and will continue to be polished and cleaned awaiting for the summer classic car shows were I know she will be well excepted. 

Old cars usually benefit from being used regularly they rot more when they just sit unused on a drive or even worse if left on a garden.

If you take it out on roads that have been salted then its a good idea to take a hosepipe to the arches to wash off the salty accumulation.

The heater matrix often get silted up & suffer from poor water flow, it may help if you remove the pipes & wash through with a hose.

That's a good idea washing the heater pips through I need to tighten the heater fan up it does make a wobbly sound lol,it defo let's you know when it's on that's for shore although it might be the bearings in the motor yet, a little investigation will soon tell me not today mind you as Colchester temperature is still in the -- brass monkeys and certainly not the wether to be leaning over a car bonnet lol cheers for the idea David. 

Edited by Steven Gray

Hello Steven, nice to see another member here in Essex , I thought I was perhaps the only remaining few!

Ruby looks stunning, if you've not owned a manta before you've picked imo one of the more economical engined ones.. 

My old 1.8 berlinetta was used to weekly commutes up the a12 to great Yarmouth from Southend. 

I now have a gt/e that I've had for 10 years, my first was a white gold Berlinetta. I wish you much happy mantaring in her. Best wishes Paul 

• Thanks 1