Kadett Coupe

drew

i saw this kadett 2 weeks ago in germany, it has been stored for 9 years, needs some work but very sound in all the usual rust spots. and it is a 1000 series car so quite rare. i have now got the car back home and it has a few of the rare parts missing but they are available. but it came with half a van load of spare parts panels glass rubbers etc. all in all thanks to my german friends a very good buy :thumbupkadettgte020.jpgkadettgte021.jpgkadettgte022.jpgkadettgte023.jpgkadettgte024.jpg i am going to turn it back to original, when i get a minute :)

Very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very jealous!!!!

Keep posting pics! Good luck!

Edited by si-north

1000 Series? You'll have to explain?

1000 Kadett C are often `s available when it is not 1000. Here is a list once how to do a 1000 Kadett C recognizes.

So, first of all, it must be, for the Kadett C on a coupe. Then there must be a GT / E 2 be (indicators above).

Extras:

Engine:

EH 2.0 engine with 85 kW (115 PS), must be in the vehicle registration certificate (Rally 81 kW), the cylinder head is wrapped EH X20 (H always slightly smaller than the other

Letters).

Front:

Added to the bottom of the lower control arm reinforcement plates (welded shut), skid plates (that is the oil pan and steering control) and gains from

Main support for the 1000 Motorblock.Die upper wishbone front axle were considered also increased. Outward distinguishing feature: the direction of travel

front edge of the arm is not like the rear flared up, but is straight forward. Standard were the 1000 "Bilstein"

Gas-filled shock absorbers installed and tiefergelgt the landing gear to the rally again to 2.0 U 20mm.

Rear:

The rear axle ratio 3.89: 1 was the 1000 series. The 4.75: 1 was reached at the factory (extra charge 38, - DM) and order was strictly for

1000 available.

The 40% block was the 1000 standard. The 40% barrier was also available for the 2.0 E Rally (supplement 427, - DM) but then only with the shorter

Translation 3.67: 1 Series at 2.0 U rally was 3.44: 1 The speed limit was reduced to 189 km / h to 177 km / h.

The 75% block was available exclusively for the 1000s and only in conjunction with the available factory "GT / E Competition Equipment" Key Number

735 (supplement 188, - DM). The GT / E Competition equipment consists of the following components:

Translation 0.87: 1

The 572 GT package means and includes only 1000 specific parts.

The 611-slip differential means with 40% locking effect.

The 73D does not necessarily have the Adrema-plate of a 1000 stand on. The 73D does front and rear spoiler and GT / E Competition Equipment

Instead of 73D can also sign on the Adrema posts 733rd The 733 means the front and rear spoiler.

Finish:

The rally and the 1000 GT / E were presented at the IAA 1977th The first 1000 were available from late 1977. The color white / yellow one for

Standard equipment of the 1000s. The 1000 and the Rally, however, were from the beginning to the end of production (July 1979) also available in the following

Colors Available:

From October 1977 to July 1978:

CC brilliant yellow

GG jade green *

NN sapphire blue *

RR polar white

UU brilliant green

VV brilliant orange

WW Brilliant

XX brilliant ocher

ZZ crystal blue

RC polar white / brilliant yellow "

* Metallic paint extra cost both the Rally and the GT / E.

** Two-tone paint finish in Rallye 1.6 S and 2.0 E at extra cost (162, - DM). In this painting accounted for the lower large rally Opel logo and place of the two GT / E sticker on the fender then the label "rally" appropriate.

From July 1978:

GG *

NN *

RR

SS flamenco

TT pistachio green

VV sienna red

WW

XX

ZZ

Additional Info `s: Under Section 3 registration certificate is in 549 001 (513 at 1.9 GT / E, 548 at 2.0 liter 81kW rally )

There was not only 1000 but 2234 pieces, (planned by Opel to actually produce and sell only 1,000 units, so that the homologation of the

Group 1 received in motor sport. The first 1000 copies were sold in late April 1978!! As the demand for the GT / E was so great, Opel has decided

to produce a second edition of 500 copies of the GT / E June 1978. Ultimately, it was still a third edition of the GT / E, up to the production run

The Kadett C consisted of 734 pieces). Of the 2234-built GT / E of the 1000 series were 1371 units sold in the domestic and the remaining 863 units were to

Sold abroad.

The original frieze had the dimensions 3 mm (narrow line), 4 mm (gap) and 5mm (wide line) on the vehicle, the narrow frieze is above the

wide.

On the left tailgate is GT / E Opel right, ZF 5-speed, Panhard rod with tapered roller bearings rather than normal rubber-metal bearings for a rectangular tunnel-neck

the attachment of the gear shift boot .

The maximum speed of a 1000 with the standard 3.89: 1 rear axle ratio is listed in the letter of 187 mph. The Fuchs wheels gabs factory

exclusively for the 1000s (code No. 634). The 1000s gabs never (not even an extra charge) with the handles on the inside roof, ashtray in the rear,

Make-up mirror in the passenger's sun visor-dimming rearview mirror and steel sunroof.

Standard equipment in the 1000s had no ALL Clock (extra charge 63, - DM Code No. 494), no glove box (extra charge 24, - DM Code No. 531)

but only the simple open storage, no cigarette lighter (supplement 36, - DM Code No. 532), no Recaro seats (supplement 664, - DM for 2 pieces included

Headrests) front, standard series only had seats without head restraints, one for 124, - DM installed could order extra (Code No. 586), no

locking gas cap (extra charge 18, - DM Code No. 513) and no trunk light (at an additional cost of 28, - DM in 1000 was only the

Combination "additional lighting for the engine and trunk" is available. Key. No. 563).

All 1000 gabs on demand (here are just a few of them listed) at extra cost, for example with:

- Radio including antenna (prices depending on the version of 300, - DM to 838, - DM code number depending on radio model)

- Side wall mounted rear window, both sides (supplement 101, - DM Code No. 594)

- Electric headlight wiper-washer system with intermittent switch for windshield washer (supplement 211, - DM Code No. 472)

- Parking lights (extra charge 53, - DM Code No. 495)

- Storage compartment on the driver's side (extra charge 28, - DM Code No. 547)

- Front and rear bumpers with PVC strips and pieces of paper (supplement 165, - DM Code No. 682)

Abschliesend remains to be said that most probably in the 1000s so-called basic equipment (white / yellow) with perhaps a few

small additional special equipment has been delivered. 1000 with "fully equipped" are probably the least have been, as many of their 1000

Provision were fair and were used in the motor sports of all kinds and what have since been looking for options.

Note also that most of the features was of course subsequently can be "made to fit" a normal Kadett C for sale as 1000.

The most important number on the registration document (with an original letter).

werbung20.jpg

All data without guarantee!

copy and translated from http://www.kadettc.de

Edited by alymac

Would a GT/E Kadett Coupe be worth much money needing a bit of tlc and a respray. Know of one sitting inside for a right few years that needs some tidying, but never really looked twice at it when i first saw it. It's definately a GT/E though, and rhd. Hope its not sold if worthy of buying.......

Cheers

Would a GT/E Kadett Coupe be worth much money needing a bit of tlc and a respray. Know of one sitting inside for a right few years that needs some tidying, but never really looked twice at it when i first saw it. It's definately a GT/E though, and rhd. Hope its not sold if worthy of buying.......

Cheers

o yes, if it has all the right bits, if its c2 white and yellow, very rare, unless its a rallye (still worth getting)

black and yellow are more common, but rare still,

rhd cars will have been converted by tony fall, and will have the servo on the left side, wipers parking the other way, 13 or A stamped in the boot floor, center and the rear,

if not been re shelled, engine will be 1.9e, 2.0e or 2.0eh, depending what model it is,

if zf gearbox fitted these can fetch over £1500,

if you dont want it, pm me details pls, i have a full set off brand new panels all opel waiting on finding another gte!!

o yes, if it has all the right bits, if its c2 white and yellow, very rare, unless its a rallye (still worth getting)

black and yellow are more common, but rare still,

rhd cars will have been converted by tony fall, and will have the servo on the left side, wipers parking the other way, 13 or A stamped in the boot floor, center and the rear,

if not been re shelled, engine will be 1.9e, 2.0e or 2.0eh, depending what model it is,

if zf gearbox fitted these can fetch over £1500,

if you dont want it, pm me details pls, i have a full set off brand new panels all opel waiting on finding another gte!!

Will do.... must get a wee nosey back to this guy, she is / was yellow and white from memory with a 2.0 gt/e engine, not sure about the box though.... will check it out soon and keep you informed...

Cheers

thanks alymac i couldnt of put it better myself, thanks for all the comments. i do plan to put it back to original,although i have had a couple of offers allready. but no plans to sell.

Will it make Billing this year or next. B)