East Mid's Pub Meet.

manta88

Looks like the East mids needs some life and enthusiam kicking back into it eh? pretty damn sure there are quite a few members in our area but due to the region being allowed to get "fragmented" it seems to have had a detrimental effect.

Went over to Steve's (1900SR) pub meet a good while ago, which for a meeting in the middle of back of beyond nowhere seemed to have a lot more enthusiasm and interest than a higher membership area.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope to make it in January - if I can find the pub again. Went over to Gunthorpe (from Leicester)the other Saturday find the A46 new dual carriageway has no exit for the Mansfield road - (I sailed straight past the Bingham exit). About six miles later I went off onto a side road to no-where (closed RAF station) just to turn around and try to cross a busy new dual carriageway. Great design road builders!!!

So back to the old Bingham exit to try & find my way to Gunthorpe. My mate coming from Lincoln had the same problem trying to find the non-exitant turn-off.

So be warned if you haven't been that way for some months.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry can't make this time. I was due to have minor surgery to my right knee on Tuesday last but arrived to find the Doc was off sick !! My op has been re-scheduled for Thursday 12th (I've just rxd a phone call).

Hope to make the next meet.

George

Sad about your motor - probably kids from the look of it. A neighbiours car was nicked from his drive last week - Plods picked it up on the A5 about six miles down the road - finally stopped it in Lutterworth to find a 12 (yes Twelve) year old driving it. The car had its drivers door prised open which of course ruined it ( Ford Capri.) It had only been left on the drive as the owner got it out to go to a local car club meet !!

Ouch! Sorry to hear that mate, you just can't have anything nice these days.

Tell me about it Steve!

Sad about your motor - probably kids from the look of it. A neighbiours car was nicked from his drive last week - Plods picked it up on the A5 about six miles down the road - finally stopped it in Lutterworth to find a 12 (yes Twelve) year old driving it. The car had its drivers door prised open which of course ruined it ( Ford Capri.) It had only been left on the drive as the owner got it out to go to a local car club meet !!

Thanks George - yes, SOCO said same thing about it being youngsters. Sad about your mate's Capri.

Updated pics

Photos of damage including a broken parcel shelf bracket, 3 dents on roof, scratched screen, dent on bonnet...

Seriously - if anyone thinks paintless dent removal and machine polishing please speak up as insurance excess is £350 and I'll be losing 10+ years no claims bonus

DSC00039.jpg

DSC00038.jpg

Parcel shelf split on one side - fabric has torn away

DSC00036.jpg

Footprint the size of a teenager

DSC00035.jpg

DSC00034.jpg

Garmin mount yanked off (bit was still in car!) - wires for Garmin VIB yanked out of trim

DSC00033.jpg

Scratches on screen

DSC00032.jpg

There's a big dent there

DSC00031.jpg

DSC00030.jpg

DSC00029.jpg

DSC00028.jpg

Three dents on roof

DSC00027.jpg

DSC00026.jpg

DSC00025.jpg

DSC00024.jpg

Little sods (being polite!!)

Thought it might have been kids as it's easy to open 'UP & Over' garage doors unless fitted with side ecurity bolts - it took me about 30 secs after I mislaid my key on one occasion (just use a strong coat hanger hook to slide over top of door & hook the operating wire - mine is now fitted with a steel barcket to stop that and a floor bolt.) Far simplier than attacking the roof.

Really annoys when you see the amount of damage just to gain a few quid. Obviously some little s*it local to you that knew the car was there.

That's without the added insurance costs next renewal - or additional excess on the policy.

Good luck with the repairs etc - don't know how you can better protect the motor than garage it securely!!

Hope to see you soon

George

Thought it might have been kids as it's easy to open 'UP & Over' garage doors unless fitted with side ecurity bolts - it took me about 30 secs after I mislaid my key on one occasion (just use a strong coat hanger hook to slide over top of door & hook the operating wire - mine is now fitted with a steel barcket to stop that and a floor bolt.) Far simplier than attacking the roof.

Really annoys when you see the amount of damage just to gain a few quid. Obviously some little s*it local to you that knew the car was there.

That's without the added insurance costs next renewal - or additional excess on the policy.

Good luck with the repairs etc - don't know how you can better protect the motor than garage it securely!!

Hope to see you soon

George

Thanks George

Sorry to see your car car in that state due to little scrotes not having respect for other peoples property.

Hope you can get it back to some kind of glory, Lovely car in the flesh.

This country needs to go back to basics and weed out the bad influences and give them corrective measures (being PC) or a damn good kicking.

Sorry to see your car car in that state due to little scrotes not having respect for other peoples property.

This country needs to go back to basics and weed out the bad influences and give them corrective measures (being PC) or a damn good kicking.

Cheers Rob

Hope to see you soon

George

I am considering some sort of alarm system in the garage itself. Also thinking about putting barbed wire up there, em, barbed wire...defence systems...anyone have any trip wire? What about man-traps?

Edited by rally bred

If the garage is near your house, you can't beat a baby monitor. Plug the transmitter into a (hidden if possible) socket in the garage and the receiver into a socket in your bedroom. You won't get any sleep, but it's very reassuring.

Unless your next-door neighbour has a new baby of course...!

Tee hee cheers Joe - it's funny you say that because my next door neighbour is expecting! The garage is about 15-20 metres from the house I'd say. No electrics in the garage though. It's a council garage as well. It has a pitched roof and a suspended ceiling (now with big hole in middle) rather than a flat roof. Some garages around it don't have the suspended ceiling present. So for example the garage next to mine hasn't and so if you get in there you can easily climb up and over the partition on top of my ceiling. And if you are a s**t head you can smash your way through to look at how empty the garage is save one immaculate car but create a £1,500 repair bill in the process. Stupid c**ts.

Edited by rally bred

• 3 weeks later...