2 X I200`s For Sale Piston Heeds Thi Noo.

Crikey, and mine (XNX) is selling this weekend (potentially) too, and not for anything like the kind of money they are asking (though I can certainly understand it with the silver one, it most be either the only one, or one of two, as the 3rd silver one was broken for parts many years ago :blink: )

Edited by Devil Fish

Crikey, and mine (XNX) is selling this weekend (potentially) too, and not for anything like the kind of money they are asking (though I can certainly understand it with the silver one, it most be either the only one, or one of two, as the 3rd silver one was broken for parts many years ago :blink: )

I remember a rough sliver one on ebay couple of years ago (2008) I wonder, how that one is getting on.

Edited by keith1200

I owned one of the 3 silver i200's reg number A 20 0EX (A200EX) must of been mid 90's not sure what happened to it? i know it was for sale at one billing show a couple of years after i sold it with all the history i so nearly bought it back but just couldnt afford it at the time :(

:unsure: Thinks ull jist bi keeping mine.

i20020101strun001.jpg

Would be nice having thi one in silver as well though, don`t think Louise would be to pleased.

Edited by Rab

I had a chat with the seller of the Silver i200 at the weekend and he has loads of history with the car, as he has owned it for about 4 years. THey are selling as they don't get the opportunity to use it much nowadays.

This is the car that previously belonged to Jason Bushell, who I believe had quite an extensive restoration completed about 8 years ago.

Apparently it has a few patches that need a little bit of tidying up (such as wheel arches etc). The Chassis legs have beenb welded and a good job done on them.

The car is down in the Arundel / Chichester area and they really want it to go to an OMOC member or someone that will appreciate it for what it is.

As for the 3 Silver i200's :

C944 XDH - which was re-registered as A20 0EX - Originally came from Warwick when it had no stipes. Whereabouts currently unknown.

C498 XNX - This car for sale at the moment (above).

C170 URF - Was up for sale in April 2007 on ebay and was subsequently scrapped as it needed a complete re-shell.

I'm not aware of any others on the register. Obviously there are also the 2 Silver i240's but both of those have the bodykit fitted, so are easy to spot the difference.

And as for mine - I'll certainly be keeping her too! I can't believe that I've owned this car for 20 years and it still makes me smile when I open the garage door!

The Flying Fag Packet:

Dsc_0568.jpg

I'd love to keep mine, but I just can't afford to keep 3 classics..

I fear that XDH may be the one that I know of that was broken for bits (it didn't have any stripes when I saw it), I think Roy on here might have owned it at some point?

Which might make this one the only one.

The one I seen on ebay, had too be post November 2007 (before I joined the forum/club) as I remember joining in on the discussion [on here], and it was probably before I got my present white coupe (June 2008), as I was looking for a coupe at this time. I 'think' it sold or was listed at £1500. Now this is where my memory gets 'iffy' I'm positive the i200 didn't have any Rothman strips, because the rot on the doors/lower rear quaters and elsewhere was visable on the sliver paint, and I remeber thinking to myself/and posting on here "that one is well beyond my ablity", and probably needs a new shell(kinda in a similar condition as the £350 black coupe for sale on here). It was RHD and did have the blitz interior, and according to the seller; it hadn't moved for a few years. Was it a real i200 or not? I don't know but the seller at the time, believed so.

It was also 'C' reg, either some of us have our dates mixed-up or the one i'm discussing in this post is the missing one. Without contradicting myself; It sounds like the one you have mentioned Paul but it was alot later than April 2007. More than likely it was stripped for it's interior and other bits! From what I've been reading on this thread? I would hazard a guess, that the one on pistonheads is the only silver one left :(

Edited by keith1200

When i owned A20 0EX the general body work/paint condition was good but underneath was starting to show its age. i sold the car on to kev Finney who did some restoration work on the floor/chassis i dont think he kept it long and sold it. thats when i saw it a few years later for sale at billing i was racking my brains trying to remember what year this was but would say mid 90's??? and it looked mint..... great shame if its ended up stripped and ended up in the crusher. this was a genuine i200 the previous owner to me had the solid lifters changed to hydraulic as he thought it was to noisey the numpty i told him there supposed to rattle!!!! so when i bought it i changed it back to solid lifters.....

Thanks Keith.....I'll have a look when I get home and make sure that the Irmscher Register is up to date on that one.

Its a shame as it was definitely worth saving when I last saw it. I guess it must have been sat outside for a while and deteriorated badly.

So it looks as though this one is almost certainly the last surviving Silver i200 in the UK, (there are still quite a few over in Holland and Germany).

I only have very old picture of XDH, it would be great to get some more up to date ones - i.e. just before it was broken up.

Does Roy still frequent these parts ??

Opps the more I think about this, the more 'it's coming back too me'. I'm slightly wrong in my last post! "The above link" I believe relates too;

C944 XDH in indirectly, i.e. the theard was originally discussing the [2008] ebay i200 (as mentioned ealier by myself) and Roy has added his knowledge of what has happened too; C944 XDH, while member's were chatting about the other silver i200 [ebay 2008]. It however dosen't shed anymore light on the missing i200 nor if the one on ebay (2008) is the same car OR if there is a fourth silver i200? At least we know (if the informantion is correct) that; C944 XDH and C498 XNX weren't on ebay in 2008. Concluding that is was either; C170 URF or an unknown 4th silver i200 (or rep).

Wee bit of investigation suggests the above car still lives :D has too be someone on here? ;)

[edit]

The vehicle details for C170 URF are:

Date of Liability

01 04 2008

Vehicle Status

Unlicensed

Vehicle Colour

SILVER

Edited by keith1200

Hi all, mine was A20OEX, I sold it for £1400 and the next owner (and I STILL dont know why) decided to break it up for bits so its definitely dead. :angry:

I got the shock of my life years ago turning up to a vauxhall/opel show near chichester in it and ended up parking next to that silver one on piston heads. What a beautiful car that was :thumbup I always wanted to buy that one but its way out of my price range now unfortunately. I remember Jason telling me the chassis legs were completely replaced rather than just repaired? Don't know if any of that helps.

Oh and I have pictures I took of it on the day I sold it, I also scanned the log book before it went so if anyone needs pics just pm me.

Edited by Roy

• 1 month later...

I think that both these two cars are still about.

According to my records, B600 OEA (Genuine i240) is stored awaiting restoration at the moment and C888 VWD (i200) is over in Ireland, although I have not heard much about this car for a while. I have got pictures of both in the register.

Some pics of the silver one would be nice though - I don't have many pics of any of these.

Cheers,

PB

• 10 years later...

Hi, old thread but just seen it, I owned the C170 URF I200, when I sold it around 2003, it went with the Steve Thompson paperwork and receipt, still have some pictures somewhere.

I found it in a field in 1998 in bits, put it all back together and ran it for a few years, selling it due to the amount of rust.

When I worked on it I removed the side skirts and found the original decals, the numbers matched the I200 numbers on the vin and it was silver from new.

If you want more info let me know.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Garyw said:

Hi, old thread but just seen it, I owned the C170 URF I200, when I sold it around 2003, it went with the Steve Thompson paperwork and receipt, still have some pictures somewhere.

I found it in a field in 1998 in bits, put it all back together and ran it for a few years, selling it due to the amount of rust.

When I worked on it I removed the side skirts and found the original decals, the numbers matched the I200 numbers on the vin and it was silver from new.

If you want more info let me know.

welcome Garyw, thanks for the info, it all adds to the records.

I think pics would be great too, if you can upload them to https://imgbb.com and then just paste the links is fine 

• Like 1