Manta 400 Bonnet (Replica)

GMC

new ones are £180 plus postage £40

Hello Rutts, can they be glossed up or do they have to be matted. i bought one a while ago and the painter said it would never look good glossed. i may have got hold of a dud copy. could you shed some light on this? cheers thumbsup.gif

dont know why it will not look good in gloss paint. if the preping is good primer and top coat done right then should be right. loads of these bonnets are on show cars throughout uk even mint genuine 400s are wearing them :)

dont know why it will not look good in gloss paint. if the preping is good primer and top coat done right then should be right. loads of these bonnets are on show cars throughout uk even mint genuine 400s are wearing them smile.gif

Hi Rutts, i have one in the spray shop now getting prepped. it has a quite a large indentation in the centre am i wasting my time and money trying to get it right? i tried using fire resistant expanding foam to try to pop it back level but it did not do anything. its the second bonnet i have bought. the first one i had sprayed was so bad i had to rub it lightly to mat it because it looked so terrible. sad.gif