Manta I200R & Ascona 400R

AMG

This is my dads new toy!

Took a notion a while back that he wanted something a bit different to take to shows, so got talking to Andrew Turner at Billing last year and ended up buying this:

385865099.jpg

385865158.jpg

A 1978 Manta B 1.9 S, 45k genuine miles, and never welded or none needed!!

Got it home just before Christmas and it now looks like this:

385864593.jpg

385864603.jpg

385864614.jpg

385864632.jpg

385864650.jpg

385864570.jpg

Edited by AMG
  • Like 1

thumbsup.gif beautiful example mate the only thing that gives it away in the pics is the rear lights they should be black ! but other than that its a stunner good work

Well that and the interior door opening handles and lock slider would be grey I think? That and the gear lever, centre console and lower front safety belt mounts.

Now you may think I'm being picky, but I'm not. Up until seeing the gear lever and bottom seat belt mounts I would have sworn this was a different car.

Cheers for the comments!

At the end of the day it's a replica, and that's all it ever will be so won't be 100% right, it also has 2 vents on the scuttle panel as well!

It is our intention to convert it to 5 speed but having big problems sourcing a 5 speed box at this side of the Irish Sea so that will solve the centre console and gear lever issue.

Also got a set of black trim rear lights this afternoon as well, so the red will be replaced tomorrow evening.

Cheers for the comments!

At the end of the day it's a replica, and that's all it ever will be so won't be 100% right, it also has 2 vents on the scuttle panel as well!

It is our intention to convert it to 5 speed but having big problems sourcing a 5 speed box at this side of the Irish Sea so that will solve the centre console and gear lever issue.

Also got a set of black trim rear lights this afternoon as well, so the red will be replaced tomorrow evening.

great job Adrain looks the dogs dangles :), will be nice to see it out and about. The door opening handle trim is dark grey with chrome surround hard enough to come by but worth keeping an eye out for.

Edited by Robbie

great job Adrain looks the dogs dangles :), will be nice to see it out and about. The door opening handle trim is dark grey with chrome surround hard enough to come by but worth keeping an eye out for.

Yeah have been looking for the proper i200 doorcards and handles but very hard to find! I thought the black and chrome door pulls didn't look too bad on it as they are, but they are on the list to be changed when the right ones come up!

Adrain, STUNNING JOB :thumbup and in mi own lingo WAN FECKIN BRAW LOOKIN MOTOR.

Rab.

Cheers, and a big thank-you for helping out with the graphics and colours!!

The colours we ended up using were:

Porsche Dalmation Blue

Porsche Guards Red

Vauxhall Eldorado (read somewhere that the gold was an Alfa Romeo colour, but couldn't get a code for it anywhere, so settled for this!)

yes incredible transformation there,,,,,,,,hope your going to billing mate ,,,,,would enjoy seeing it there,,,, :thumbup

Will be at Billing, but won't be taking this. Taking my Nova Sport as it's the 25th anniversary of them this year so trying to get as many as possible there this year. Hopefully next year!!

• 11 months later...

Manta now has a new companion! Got this about 6 weeks ago partially stripped. Got her built up again, and MOT'd on Thursday evening:

395781773.jpg

395781768.jpg

395781765.jpg

395781761.jpg

395781760.jpg

1977 Ascona 2 door

2.0 16v red top on twin 45's

Half cage

400 kit

8" Revolutions on front, 9's on rear

disc brakes all round

Hydraulic handbrake

LSD

Corsa power steering

Subaru Impreza front seats

and probably more than I can't think of!

• Like 1