The New Project Car

Fasterthanyou

After looking for a project car for the last 4 or 5 months I finally found this one, and boy.. what a car it is! I have been in Manta ownership for many many years and as a result have driven more Mantas than you could shake a stick at but I have to say this is one of the best. Shes a standard 2L under the bonet but I think she has had some work done to make her that little bit quicker and the full stainless underneath helps out a bit. She is solid apart from 1 hole under the washer bottle(last owner welded everthing that it needed) and even has leccy windows (motors are not quite up to the job as its a bit slow). Only problem with her is Shes had the gear knob replaced with what looks like and old Astra one(why!) and the steering wheel is from a GSI (I am guessing thats from a GSI Manta on the continent).Interior is mint, no wear on the drivers seat, but again someone has put small speakers into the door cards. Paid £2k for her which is about right for the condition and the 6 months tax and a years MOT.

I thought I would post it here in Projects as thats what I bought her for, but I wont be adding to it for a while and even then it will be limited. Seems a shame to take her to bits but........Most of it will be up for sale over the coming months(the bits I dont need)so watch out for that.

Anyway thought I would share it with you all. She is off for another spin round the country lanes today.....cant wait!

http://photobucket.com/NewGTE

Hope you can see the pics, not sure if I have done it right or not! (not very computer minded!)

Aye tidy motor, yur slide show workin fine fur mi oniway.

cheers rab.

Thanks Rab, I couldnt understand why it wouldnt work. I am not fond of computers so dont really understand how to get pics on here no matter how much its explianed! if it aint got an engine I dont wanna know! got some more pics coming from the body shop(preliminarys,It hasnt gone it yet,hanging on to it for as long as poss! ;) ) so will put them up when I get them. :thumbup

Nice one mate.

Reminds me of my old white GTE coupe, but then again I guess it would as it is white and a coupe :0

Hope your project is all still on the right tracks mate, :thumbup and still looking as a goer, also I saw a thread on here a while back where you were asking about brakes, I didn't have the chance to put a reply up at the time, but you need a little more than a pedal/bias box for your brakes, I would be looking at fitting a remote servo or 2 in there too mate, these do not need to be in the engine bay but can be fitted in the boot as I think your bay may be getting a bit on the cramped side of things.

Nice one mate.

Reminds me of my old white GTE coupe, but then again I guess it would as it is white and a coupe :0

Hope your project is all still on the right tracks mate, :thumbup and still looking as a goer, also I saw a thread on here a while back where you were asking about brakes, I didn't have the chance to put a reply up at the time, but you need a little more than a pedal/bias box for your brakes, I would be looking at fitting a remote servo or 2 in there too mate, these do not need to be in the engine bay but can be fitted in the boot as I think your bay may be getting a bit on the cramped side of things.

Yes I need to sort the brake side of things. It seems like a million and one things to do at the moment, trying to get everything sorted so I know which direction I am heading in (at this rate it will be the nearest tree!! :P ) I have been talking to a really nice chap from TJM and he can supply the pedal box and the remotes but as far as set up goes???? the donor has a hydraulic clutch and TJM reckon it is possible to still do it with a little guidence.I want to take everything out from the engine bay more for space than anything else, we are just fortunate thar our cars have such a vast exspanse under the hood.On the plus side I have found a chap that can re-make a rear beam to fit(same as the Original just stronger) so thats a bit of a weight of my mind,the project would have come to a stop if it wasnt for that.

So to answer you question mate, yes we are all systems go and its coming together quite well. It seems to be a long winded process at the start due to thinking everything through but should be relativly plain sailing from there.I am enjoying the car at the moment, it drives like a dream, quietest and smoothest GTE I have ever driven,full stainless helps,though it does knock on the arse end a bit! (too big really) but that will be going anyway eventually.I will still be relying on you Opel2000,as ever, to do the bits I need,(we have already spoke about those) but there are some things that I will need your valuable advice on! I will give you a call nearer the time. :thumbup (actually brakes was one of those things!)

I am off out now to throw the manta round some country lanes...... :D:D;)