Previous owner of D835 CRT??

This is a car i've purchased today.. Monaco Blue GTE Exclusive Hatch.. 3 owners from new and lots of OMOC documents, previous owners name i believe is Nick who lived in Watford.

Just wondered if anyone knew the car that uses this board thats all.

Gaz

If you write off to Swansea with a cheque for a fiver, they'll send you copies of all the old registration documents.

Cheers,

Joe.

Things started bad from the day of my birth. It looks like I'm destined to be a scum of the earth.

I'm going bald, and I'm getting fat too, And if you don't like it, here's something for you!

• 12 years later...

This car was owned by my wife 1991-93, she bought the car from a dealer in Devon who took it in part ex from a RAF guy who bought the car new whilst stationed in Germany under the Armed Forces Tax free purchase scheme I believe the car was originally registered in Ipswich. She sold it to Nick who I believe intended to show it.

**As an afterthought, I realise this original post is over 12 years old so the car may have been sold on by now......If anyone knows the whereabouts of D835 CRT I'd be interested to know.

Edited by wuudsie
added more text
  • Like 1

Been on the DVLA website and it comes back ''unable to locate the vehicles details''

could mean that it is long gone, hopefully it is has been stored off the road since before the DVLA installed their latest computerised their systems.

The letters CRT of the reg seem somehow familiar, as if i have seen them on a Manta in recent years, or perhaps this i just my imagination.

• Like 1

If they're unable to locate details I would say in this case (as we know the car was sold in 1993 and again in 2004 so shouldn't have dropped off the system) then it has either been scrapped and issued with a certificate of destruction, or has had a registration number swap (maybe now got a private plate on it).

18 hours ago, MANTAMAN said:

Or exported to Ireland.

If it's been exported it'll still appear on DVLA and have an export marker on it assuming it's been done properly, or will still appear as untaxed or on SORN if it's not been done properly. Here's a screen shot from DVLA of a car I know has been exported.

Screenshot_2016-10-18-18-51-03 (1).png