Mancona hatch now Finished!! Aug 2017

Kevin Abbott

It always seems the job is on the back leg when it's all in one colour of primer, even though there is still quite a bit to do. Looking good Kev.

Just got back from Lanzarotte late Thursday, when's the next NW meeting, April? Cheers, John.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 13/03/2016 at 20:42, MANTAMAN said:

So, are you going to be 'Shooting colour' this week ?

It's been while Ian, but.. No.. Paint still not on.

Bog sand, bog sand, bog sand over and over

Tom want's the body  work to be better than my red coupe on this so it's all in the prep.

Finally found the other spacer and then moved on to cutting out the inner arch on the last wing to clear the wheels.

Me, doing my Magic bit with the magic marker just before the magic angle grinder

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Measure twice, cut once

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

I managed to find all the parts for the headlights and after nearly 10 years the lights are in and they work again

Arch sykaflex stuck into place and the car getting straighter day by day

Fingers crossed it will be ready for Billing

• Like 6

• 9 months later...

Many many weeks have passed in prep, the car was straight but it needed massaging to get the lines perfect and seeing as the arches came from another car and the skirts I made from 4 standard manta skirts it came out ok

I'm trying to add pics from photobucket but it's just too hard so I will add a couple and be done

Why we cant host our own photos is beyond me

I'm sure mantadoc will be in telling me why and photo sizes but I just cant be arsed messing any more

there is months of work and hundreds of pics but its just far too hard to put hem here any more, it's taken hours of passwords and uploads and click this and that and stop this at that add on photobucket and I just CBA

Yes me moaning again on an edit, the club is cash rich... can we please please for the love of God get a better easy to use website................please.............please..........the forum is dead.............a dead forum will not generate more members and if it is so hard to update a thread or add pics then people will continue to use faceache and we all lose

Have another pic

Edited by Kevin Abbott
moaning again
  • Like 8

Kevin,

Rather than use Photobucket, get yourself a free Flickr account. All you need do then is copy & paste the link in the address bar and voila, the photo(s) are embedded within your post. Much easier that using Photobucket.

Anyway, the car is looking great!

• Like 2

I just upload off my phone to the site as i cant do it the other way its too old fashioned. But cant you just click choose files at the bottom of your reply?

And also going off them pictures it doesn't look very painted to me or do you mean the inside bits :rolleyes:

If this forum can integrate with tinypic then that would work and it's free, that way we could all upload as much as we like without having to mess about cropping photos on the pc. I ran a football supporters forum and had the same issue that photos were filling the expensive server space very quickly and the tinypic fixed the issues overnight.

• Like 1

Lovely! It's certainly a vibrant red! Looks very similar to your Coupe. Those wheels look the business!

I'd imagine you were both smiling like a pair of Cheshire Cats at the end of the day! .....am I allowed to say that?? :)

Edited by Monaco Blue
  • Like 1

On ‎30‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 07:52, Blue Thunder said:

That's a good paint job. Are you keeping those alloys on?

Paint is easy, it is the prep that makes the paint job ;)

Yep the wheels are staying on it, the car now needs dropping on the floor by about 3 inch

Now starting the work on the satin trim and heads down for new billing

Loft hunt for all the trim I pulled from a car Andy Rutter scrapped 10 years ago and a hunt in the loft for the green exclusive hatch glass

When your little Brother need help you need to get your A game on

Edited by Kevin Abbott
oh the fun
  • Like 3

We wanted more depth to the irmscher ascona b twin light setup as the originals left the lights stuck out too far.

So I got creative and looked around for a way to get more depth, playing with just a set of glass convinced me that's what I needed to do

That's a better depth, hmmmmm, how to achieve it.... Looking around the lab the air con tube looked the correct size so I tried a manta headlight in I had lying around.

I bought a length of tube and cut it up

Ascona b irmsher twin light bezels are easy to get so I chopped these up :lol:

Added extra sections and glued them together

Top result

• Like 6

21 hours ago, Kevin Abbott said:

We wanted more depth to the irmscher ascona b twin light setup as the originals left the lights stuck out too far.

So I got creative and looked around for a way to get more depth, playing with just a set of glass convinced me that's what I needed to do

That's a better depth, hmmmmm, how to achieve it.... Looking around the lab the air con tube looked the correct size so I tried a manta headlight in I had lying around.

I bought a length of tube and cut it up

Ascona b irmsher twin light bezels are easy to get so I chopped these up :lol:

Added extra sections and glued them together

Top result

I've never liked those lights for that very reason! I do now!! 

• Like 2

Brilliant Looking car. I think no bumpers with those arches looks proper! I would like to know which surrounds you used for the headlights. I am thinking of the same for my project way down the line, the square lights are so difficult to get now. Look forward to seeing more pics of it complete.

Oops , went back over your post and see where you got the lights from ........just need to find some now.

Edited by GerryC400
  • Like 1

More work completed by Andrew, Loz and I over the weekend.Stripped and built the doors with the green glass I have been storing for years

The paint looks stunning but the hardest part was done by Tom the body man at Andrews who did my red coupe prep.:thumbup

De locked looks great

Sunroof wiring extended to move the switch

Loads more trim blasted and painted

Engine bay being put back together

Parts hunt into the loft scored gold

Mirrors painted and fitted, door glass trim modified to suit 

bonnet needs mesh and gas struts

I pulled two headlinings out of the loft ready to fit. Turned out they were bloody non sunroof coupe ones! 

Durr, more hunting found two hatch ones, non sunroof and sunroof. the manta sunroof one won't fit as the calibra hole is in a different place.

Headlining now is the most pressing part as the rest of the interior and glass fits all around it

Drain tubes fitted

Edited by Kevin Abbott
pics
  • Like 7

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, Kevin Abbott said:

Oh well. It looks like photobucket have ruined the build thread. 

Its finished now and looks awesome. 

Have you tried imageshack? I think it's free up to 10Gb bandwidth, there is also Tinypic but they are owned by photobucket and if the pic isn't clicked on for 90 days they delete it.

9 hours ago, Kevin Abbott said:

Oh well. It looks like photobucket have ruined the build thread. 

Its finished now and looks awesome. 

Photo bucket is shit they stole my pics need to pay to get them back.