Billing

Opel Manta GTE

Well I've said it before and I'll say it again............

How can any prospective member gauge the club and it's events if the "Prospective Member" cannot get to any events due to the information being available to members only............ Committee please note that this atitude is damn stupid :blink::rolleyes:

Didn't we used to have one in the members section and one in the open section of the forum?

I know its all down to insurance purposes for shows but things like pub meets are always a good way for perspective new members to gauge the club, so info on when and where would be a good idea for them.

Didn't we used to have one in the members section and one in the open section of the forum?

I know its all down to insurance purposes for shows but things like pub meets are always a good way for perspective new members to gauge the club, so info on when and where would be a good idea for them.

Still do. Public events in open bit, and club events in club section.

Might be an idea to let the unwashed ;) masses know we have lots of club meets tho.

Aren't all shows public events?

It is only really an insurance issue when someone is displaying on a club stand. Shows such as Billing are open to anyone who has paid for entry. Putting the dates of shows in the public section is a good idea as these shows are a showcase for the club and a good way for potential new members to see the club and meet the members.

The VBOA weekend is a public event, however the VBOA issues passes to member clubs to get comping discount etc.

Plus the OMOC charge £5 for your welcome pack and club plaque, this contributes to the cost of Trophies, bar bq etc etc.

Paying at the gate is expensive and none members are not allowed to park on the club field.

The charges for entry into Billing are not set by the OMOC or the VBOA, they are governed by Billing.

BTW Mesh, its not officially a 3 day event. 11th and 12TH only. The Northwest posse will be there Thursday. B)

(Suggestion) club prints up some leaflets about the club and distributes to all reps to hand out at events signed by the Chairman??.

might be a stupid question but just come on to look when billing is but can't find it is there not one this year

look on the bottom of the page we put a countdown timer on :) for a bit of pun.

http://www.vxopel.com/phpbb/index.php

Info on Billing is here.

http://www.vxopel.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3962

you just need to remember to bring plenty of drink along :P

• Like 1

The VBOA weekend is a public event, however the VBOA issues passes to member clubs to get comping discount etc.

not strictly true, only members of VBOA constitute clubs who have obtained a pass from thier club can camp and bring thier car onto the fields reserved for the VBOA rally.

Members of the public can enter Billing and park thier car in areas not reserved for the VBOA rally and walk round the various club displays. If the VBOA hasn't used up all the camping areas then there might be space for a member of the public to camp over the weekend.

Thats why you always get the banks around the outsied of the road by the river always full with campers as it seems to be the place that people pitch who are not officaly affiliated with a club.

Plus we always seem to get poelpe trying to park and camp in the field which is reserved for the OMOC, which i assume most times is people who turn up for the weekend not with a club but with a Vauxhall or Opel.

But there does seem to be the odd bit of space every year to acomodate these people who at the end of the day may end up joing the relavant club to which there respective motor would suit.

• 3 weeks later...

Und if it is rainin heavy afore Billing weekend yul need yur gum boots fur thi mud. Wid be very careful if takin wee yins as mostly all the water is open and not protected for folks accidently fawin in jist awe smaw warning.

• 3 weeks later...

Mantalica, sent you a pm.

2.2i Cav, your application isn't among the ones I've got waiting to go to Graham Taylor. I suggest you contact him directly, his mobile and e-mail are in Manta Magic, to make sure all is in hand.

Please Note:

I will NOT be doing membership renewals at Billing this year, so if you wish to camp on the OMOC field you need to make sure you are a paied up member BEFORE Billing.

Unfortuneatly my wife has brocken her hip and can not get around by her self, this means that I don't know when or for how long , I will make it over this year.

Please pass this info on to anybody it may afect.

There will be aplication forms available for any body wishing to join, so don't worry about any new members.