Front Brake Hoses

Den83

I looking for a pair of rubber front brake hoses for a manta 1.8s. they are the ones with the square block on one end that the banjo bolt goes through into the caliper. I tried all my local motor factors but none of them can get them.

I work in a good motor factors :D

Is this a motor factors that if you walk in and say Opel Manta you do not get look at as if you had just arrived from the jungles of Borneo !!! ( or is that the staff..... )

• Like 3

Is this a motor factors that if you walk in and say Opel Manta you do not get look at as if you had just arrived from the jungles of Borneo !!! ( or is that the staff..... )

NO WAY!!   His boss is THE top man in the Manta world, what he doesn't know wasn't invented, he's even got a Manta in the house!!!!!!!  :thumbup

Edited by Julian

P1210219.jpg

The same difference is to the hose insert!!

You ae refering to the metel brake pipe Anthony, not to the flexible pipe that this thread is about, I myself have never come across two patterns of this particular

flexy pipe.

MANTAMAN, on 13 Feb 2015 - 12:56 AM, said:snapback.png

NO WAY!!   His boss is THE top man in the Manta world, what he doesn't know wasn't invented, he's even got a Manta in the house!!!!!!!  :thumbup

The referance to the staff is a comment on the appearance of certain a member not the level of knowledge...... !!!!!

• Like 1

The referance to the staff is a comment on the appearance of certain a member not the level of knowledge...... !!!!!

I don't know how to reply to that, I know he won't be angry with you if you don't want anything for a Manta!!!!

If the Metal pipe has the male patern then the flexible should be female....and the oposite....or else both same patterns make leaks or.....WHO knows

OK so single or double flare. No big deal if the pipes are single flare then use the press to double flare or replace. If double flare and single needed replace. Most people will need to replace anyway just from undoing old ones.

There exists the same situation with Manta master cylinders, Old style are single flare on the front right pipe and later are double IIRC.

If in doubt safety first consult a competent person etc.