Someone Try To Save This If Possible 2 Slot Plastic Bumper Hatch

I bet it looks bad cosmetically but the floorpans around your feet will be good.

All the early cars I have ever done have had amazing floors and inner sills.  not sure why.

Mind you, the late exclusives are the exact opposite 

I would love a go at this one but I have no time, money or mrs approval.

I bet it looks bad cosmetically but the floorpans around your feet will be good.

All the early cars I have ever done have had amazing floors and inner sills.  not sure why.

Mind you, the late exclusives are the exact opposite 

not all are why do people keep making these comments !
  • Like 2

Sadly the odds are against it

1. Dreadful advert

2. It's partially disassembled

3. It's automatic

4. It's got a sunroof, and....

5. It's a pre facelift hatch, the most unloved of the breed

I know, I own one and when I bought it 3 years ago the seller struggled to get 700 for it with an MOT! And do you know what? It's a fantastic car and a genuinely practical classic! It's just it doesn't have the glamour of a coupe of the pizazz of the later cars.

IMG_4922.jpg

• Like 5

not all are why do people keep making these comments !

Which way round do you disagree ?

The early cars being good or the late cars being prone to being bad ?

I have had plenty of both and many in between so I base my opinion of personal experience.  My 1980 hatch, Ascona B and my two late 70s Bs were perfect and my 1988 coupe and hatch were horrible for rust.

if you have a late Exclusive and its not rusty then you are lucky,  I have my suspicions about the quality of the steel used in the later cars.

Which way round do you disagree ?

if you have a late Exclusive and its not rusty then you are lucky,  I have my suspicions about the quality of the steel used in the later cars.

there are plenty of late exclusives in my area in good condition, perhaps we know how to look after them up north ,I just think it does not help when people keep saying this, don't mention that all roofs are rusty as well Lol , not getting into a debate either just my opinion

James is right

Pre facelift hatches are the rarest Manta B's but you would be unlikely to get any more than the equivalent Cav Sportshatch e.g. £750 for a project with an MOT, £1200 for a reasonable nick one needing some work with MOT & around £2000 tops for one in good condition.

The rarest is a chrome bumpered Manta B hatch

This is right smack bang on my doorstep. it says item location Benfleet which is approx. 10 miles from me. but where it says the car is at gt wakering is just around the corner from where I work.

its not one I recognise so I suspect its come from elsewhere as a project that's been abandoned . seems a shame he is breaking it as although popularity makes it cheaper than the fact it is unusual now.

It anyone is interested it might be worth contacting the seller, they might sell the whole car.

this might be worth a close look, this could actually be a 'Good'un!!' if it has been stored for many years and the container it is in is dry then it will have survived much in a much better state than many other Manta's ( if they have not got the bonnet for it i have two for sale !! infact i have loads of parts that i could sell you !! )

the seller could have put it up for spares assuming that no one would want a non-running car, I agree with Paul, from past experience earlier Manta B's tend to survive better ( though my B seen left has a crusty floor that needs work now )

Buy this Manta, Fit a Five speed manual box ( same mounting points for the gearbox support ) and you could have an Unusual ( that blue dash is not seen very often ) good Manta

Sadly the odds are against it

1. Dreadful advert

2. It's partially disassembled

3. It's automatic

4. It's got a sunroof, and....

5. It's a pre facelift hatch, the most unloved of the breed

I know, I own one and when I bought it 3 years ago the seller struggled to get 700 for it with an MOT! And do you know what? It's a fantastic car and a genuinely practical classic! It's just it doesn't have the glamour of a coupe of the pizazz of the later cars.

IMG_4922.jpg

Nice picture James I can imagine the White one fixed up it would look amazing.

Just a question, how do you know this Manta is a hatch? can't see what it is in the pictures and i can not see any referance in the text, perhaps i am just missing the B!**>y obvious !!

Yes, its a hatch, the rear seat is the fold down type and as such you can see the carpet on the wheel arches, on a coupe there is no wheel arch carpet because the seat covers them.

• Like 1

MANTAMAN, on 03 Feb 2015 - 10:00 PM, said:snapback.png

Yes, its a hatch, the rear seat is the fold down type and as such you can see the carpet on the wheel arches, on a coupe there is no wheel arch carpet because the seat covers them.

Yep rear seat was the giveaway for me too :)

This is a small corner of one picture !! paulmanta & crazydave you will to take turns wearing the golden anorak at Billing !!!

• Like 2